Highschool guides - general questions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
flackattack

Highschool guides - general questions

Post by flackattack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Carrie,
I am wondering if you have a rough idea of the amount of time it should take daily to complete the highschool guides. I realize that your estimates will be based off of a 4 day week and so there will be extra time on that 5th day to do some catch-up, but I am just trying to weigh if my ds can handle any other electives next year. And that leads me to my next question... I am wondering if you know what other electives you might put in the other highschool guides. I completely understand if you don't know yet. Planning 1 guide is overwhelming enough, but I thought I should ask just in case you have a rough sketch of the other years. :wink: Since my ds will be using this guide next year in 10th grade, he will have less time to do some of the other electives that he is required to take (like technology, fine arts, etc). Also, I couldn't find whether you said if the Bible in the world geography guide would be a 1/2 credit or full. I might have just missed that somewhere, but would love to know that as well. :D
Thank you,
Katie

glperky

Re: Highschool guides - general questions

Post by glperky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 pm

I've been wondering how long it should take daily, too!
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

Katie,

These are good questions! :D We are still working on the time allotments, as much of this becomes more clear as the actual typing of the plans gets underway. So, we do not have firm allotments that I'm wanting to share just yet. :wink: If you can bear with me though, these will be coming when we add the content to the website and write copy for the catalog (both of which are getting underway in the next two months). :D

However, I just posted two responses this morning on the end of the thread linked below, and I do think both will be of help to you! Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12933

Blessings,
Carrie

flackattack

Post by flackattack » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks, Carrie, for giving me that link and for taking the time to answer questions.
:)
Katie