half pace schedule for bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sally525

half pace schedule for bigger

Post by sally525 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 pm

does anyone know if there is a post for half pace for bigger? i would love to see how others break it down. I have decided to split my two boys who i had combined (8 and 10) i'm bumping the older up to preparing and slowing down my younger so bigger takes us another year. thank you :D
sally

my3sons

Re: half pace schedule for bigger

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 pm

I do! I do! :D Here ya go...

How does half-speed look in your home?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5600&p=41232#p41232

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

sally525

Post by sally525 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks Julie! I just couldn't find it! So grateful for this board!

laurapella

Post by laurapella » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

I am doing Bigger half speed with my 7yo ds this year for 2nd grade, but we do it a little differently. We do the right side daily (except for science) because I want to keep him on track to finish the 2nd grade math and grammar. I don't know what your plans are for that. Anyway we do History Reading, Bible Study, and the Rotating History Project box for a week. The next week we go back and finish the Science, Poetry, and Corresponding Music. This has worked much better for us than doing some one day and some the next. :D I know someone else posted this method a while ago, but I cannot remember who. :oops: I am planning on doing this through part of next year also because I do not want him going into Preparing until 4th grade. We will begin full speed sometime next year. HTH!
Laura - Loving HOD!!
DS11 (5th) - CTC + DITHOR, Math Mammoth
DS8 (3rd) - Bigger (4 days/week), Math Mammoth
DD6 (1st) - LHFHG (1st grade options & ER - 4 days/wk), Math Mammoth
DD5 (almost K) - LHFHG (K options & TRL - 4 days/wk)