Upcoming Revisions of Guides?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tmcg

Upcoming Revisions of Guides?

Post by tmcg » Wed May 07, 2008 8:13 pm

I hear that there are some revisions planned and I am concerned about buying "Little Hands" now in preparation for Sept. 2008 just to have it be different next year. I have a 2 yo who will be using it in a couple of years and don't want to have to buy a new one after my daughter uses it.

Here are my questions: 1) What revisions are happening (which guides will change) and when?
2) Will I need to buy a new one once it changes for the next child who uses it?
3) If I don't will they be missing out?
4) Will you be creating an update or addendum for those who already have the guide?

Thanks for the feedback.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Here is a link to a similar question that was asked recently. HTH!

Gina

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1046
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

mamaduke

Post by mamaduke » Thu May 08, 2008 7:52 am

In regards to the updates available on the website, I'm wondering what you all do to use them.

Do you print out the revised pages and then just keep the list in the book? or do you write in the revisions in the appropriate box?

I want it to look nice. I was thinking about actually formatting (if neccessary) little strips on the computer and pasting those over the actual correction in the book. I could even cover up both book choices if neccessary since I have made my selection, but that might hinder future use of the book.

I'm looking specifically at Little Hands.. and adding the ABC Bible Verse book. In that guide both the devotionals have been replaced so it wouldn't hurt to cover up them both.

If I really wanted to get fancy I could format both new book choices and paste those in (ABC Bible Verse and Big Thoughts for Little People) but, my, that seems like a lot of work!

Just wondering what you all are doing, especially with Little Hands..

Thanks!
Julie
9yo ds completed Little Hands, Little Hearts, Beyond, and currently in Bigger
6yo twin girls completed Little Hands, currently in Little Hearts
4yo ds alongside
1 yo darling dd, stuffing crayons in her onesie
#6 due in April!

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu May 08, 2008 9:01 am

I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly about Little Hands...but I'm going to respond anyway. :? If you are using My ABC Bible Verses as your devotional, there is a list in the guide for each unit telling you which pages to read on what day. So, you don't even have to print out the 'corrections' from the HOD site.

I personally wouldn't want to do all the work you're talking about, but I'm sure it would be possible if you wanted to paste the new title over the old ones. I actually write in our manual each day; the date, and if we do any extra, such as a lesson in Reading Made Easy. I wouldn't say my guide is going to look 'nice' when I get finished, but it will definitely look used! :lol: You can make it your own, that's what 's great about it! HTH

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

I wrote the new page numbers for Stories of the Pilgrims in my Beyond manual in pencil.
:D

tmcg

Revisions

Post by tmcg » Sat May 10, 2008 7:54 am

Thanks for all your feedback. Where on the website are the replacement pages kept?

Tammy

netpea

Re: Revisions

Post by netpea » Mon May 12, 2008 6:31 am

tmcg wrote:Thanks for all your feedback. Where on the website are the replacement pages kept?

Tammy
Here you go!

http://www.heartofdakota.com/updates.php

:D

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Mon May 12, 2008 7:33 am

inHistiming wrote:I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly about Little Hands...but I'm going to respond anyway. :? If you are using My ABC Bible Verses as your devotional, there is a list in the guide for each unit telling you which pages to read on what day. So, you don't even have to print out the 'corrections' from the HOD site.

I personally wouldn't want to do all the work you're talking about, but I'm sure it would be possible if you wanted to paste the new title over the old ones. I actually write in our manual each day; the date, and if we do any extra, such as a lesson in Reading Made Easy. I wouldn't say my guide is going to look 'nice' when I get finished, but it will definitely look used! :lol: You can make it your own, that's what 's great about it! HTH
I too took the plunge and wrote in my guides. I date the pages and put DD's initial next to the date and each activity we do. Then I'll do the same when it's DS's turn. I also write in the extras we do. Then it'll be easy to see what we used the second time around.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH