We love HOD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tjneary99

We love HOD!

Post by tjneary99 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi,
I am just offering a quick praise now that we are 1/3 done Bigger(we switched curriculum in October). We have loved it all so far--every aspect of it. If I wrote my own curriculum I would do it much the same. It has been a huge blessing and answer to prayer for our family. Our children(and we parents) are growing spiritually and behaviorally not to mention academically, thanks to this program. I love the integration of subject areas, and the many opportunities there are week to week to reinforce information and apply things in daily life. Through the examples of people in history, Bible, and literature..., we enjoy many conversational opportunities where we examine things through a biblical lens: our world, ourselves, our decisions, our government, our influences etc... In our old curriculum, I had to add this in myself and it felt like 'extras'. I am grateful for how everything is woven together so completely. My kids want to read ahead in the spines to learn more--on their own time, and they enjoy the experiments and notebooking etc. We are grateful not to be bogged down in unnecessary assignments but to be good stewards of our time with activities that honor God and His Word, promote comprehension and higher level thinking, refine skills, encourage the development of godly character and self reflection, and spark interest....all while saving me precious time and energy planning ( we do it as written). We are most grateful for an open and go curriculum that meets everyone's needs, honors God, and redeems time/energy that we may use that time to work for the Lord in other ways. Thanks for blessing our family! :D
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]

keyjoh62080

Re: We love HOD!

Post by keyjoh62080 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Amen!! :lol:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

tjneary99 wrote:... Our children(and we parents) are growing spiritually and behaviorally not to mention academically, thanks to this program. I love the integration of subject areas, and the many opportunities there are week to week to reinforce information and apply things in daily life. Through the examples of people in history, Bible, and literature..., we enjoy many conversational opportunities where we examine things through a biblical lens: our world, ourselves, our decisions, our government, our influences etc... my kids want to read ahead in the spines to learn more--on their own time, and they enjoy the experiments and notebooking etc. We are grateful not to be bogged down in unnecessary assignments but to be good stewards of our time with activities that honor God and His Word, promote comprehension and higher level thinking, refine skills, encourage the development of godly character and self reflection, and spark interest....all while saving me precious time and energy planning ( we do it as written). We are most grateful for an open and go curriculum that meets everyone's needs, honors God, and redeems time/energy that we may use that time to work for the Lord in other ways.
This is so well said, tjneary99! :D I could not agree more. Our dc are growing not only academically, but also spiritually, and character-wise with HOD. Everything connects so well, and it all spills over into our daily living in neat ways. The Biblical lens HOD teaches from is an incredible blessing. I too am grateful that assignments planned all have purpose. It helps us be good stewards of our time as well - so true! We are enjoying our homeschooling with HOD so much - we are finding the same benefits you are - and best of all, I know we will look back at our time together in HOD as time well spent, as time spent making special memories together, as time spent learning important things, and as time spent growing in our faith together. Thanks for this encouraging post! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 pm

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your switch to HOD! God is so good in knowing just what each family needs, and we are happy that the Lord brought you to HOD. :D

Your post filled my heart beyond measure today and was such an encouragement to me. :D We pray that the Lord will walk closely with you this year and pour His continued blessings upon you and your family. :D

Blessings,
Carrie