Beyond feels like a warm blanket!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tracee

Beyond feels like a warm blanket!

Post by Tracee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:45 pm

I know I keep going on about how much we are loving Beyond, but I really love it! It really doesn't feel like school. Our school day is so relaxed, I keep thinking....am I missing something. Did we forget something? Nope! It just flows. I think ds being another year older really helps also. Last year, it was a box or two and then a break, another box, then a break, so on and so. It drove me crazy, but that is all he could handle at that time. Now we do pretty much all of school in one or two large chunks. It's great! History, Bible and Storytime we cuddle up in a chair and the stories are like a warm cozy blanket. It's really awesome! I actually miss school when we don't do it.

Also, I couldn't be happier with Singapore. We are a little ahead of the guide, and ds is loving it. I've never had him memorize math facts or used any type of flash cards, he's just getting it. For example because of the way Singapore teaches him to add, if you asked him what is 26+6, he would be able to quickly tell you 32.

Thank you Carrie for all your hard work. :D

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

krazzymommy

Re: Beyond feels like a warm blanket!

Post by krazzymommy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:04 pm

We are absolutely loving it, also!
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm

I love Beyond. I am going through it this year for the 2nd time, and I love it just as much as the first time!
Larissa
Wife to Rich (14 years)
Mommy to Martin(9)(Preparing), Aaron(7)(Beyond), Jonathan(5), and Rosalie(3)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Tracy,

I am thrilled to hear about your son's progress! Isn't it amazing how much kidos grow and change in only a year. :D I love your description of Beyond. It blessed my heart beyond measure today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie