Praising HOD for Helping With the Spiritual Growth of Son!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
faithful2him

Praising HOD for Helping With the Spiritual Growth of Son!

Post by faithful2him » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am

I am so blessed and so thankful God led us to HOD. :) It is has been an amazing year so far. Our oldest is in Preparing with Extensions. He is almost 12. This is his 2nd year homeschooling.

While we have always worked hard to help him understand the word and God's desire to know him, we felt like he didn't want to be told what he should do and so he often dragged his feet in terms of building his own love of God. Then, last night the most wonderful thing happened that gave me joy and hope for the future with him like I have never had before.

I was up working on some stuff and he came up from his bedroom. It was just he and I awake. He said he had been woken up by hearing someone say his name. He said he thinks it was Jesus. He came upstairs to tell me something he had said to some of his soccer teammates back in August at a tournament. He spoke unkindly to them out of frustration that they were not even trying hard and he had been carrying that guilt. Then he compared that experience to the "war" that Grandpa's box discusses. He said he knew Satan was winning in the war by his having been unkind and not telling me about it. He didn't want to have Satan win. He knew Jesus needed him to do the right thing in the war.

We talked about what had said, how he was very different in terms of following the Lord back in August and how now he realizes it is up to him to build that relationship, not his mom and dad. He has matured in the few short months of school and this guide. I am blessed and praise God for leading the writing of this Guide!

Blessings to all of you! And, when you feel like you are struggling, just hang in there. :) God will bless you and your children!

Deb
Wife for 17 years to a Godly man
Mom of 3 wonderful blessings
Preparing with Extensions (11 year old son)
Beyond 7 1/2 year old son)
Little Hands to Heaven (4 year old daughter)

mamas4bugs

Re: Praising HOD for Helping With the Spiritual Growth of So

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Praising God with you!!! That is so wonderful. :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:49 pm

That is wonderful! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:38 pm

That's wonderful! Grandpa's Box is an AMAZING book!

Wanted to add: My ds came to a saving knowledge of Christ this last summer. I firmly believe that the Lord used HOD as a means of salvation. This program is God-blessed and such a wonderful tool to use with our children. I hope my children look back on their childhoods and remember being "swamped" with the truths of the Lord! HOD is helping me do that.
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

That is truly wonderful that the curriculum is having such a profound effect. I think Grandpa's Box and Preparing is giving my dc a better understanding of God too. What a blessing! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for sharing, what an awesome breakthrough for your son to have! I agree, though it is the Holy Spirit's work to change hearts, I believe the materials in HOD really bring the truth forth in a way that allows the children to see. "Preach the Word and the Holy Spirit will open blind eyes." (this is from a sermon I heard recently) I have seen similar amazing spiritual times in my DDs life as she realizes that she is sinful, and the depth of what Jesus has done for her. I too am so thankful to see the Holy Spirit at work like this, using me and HOD to help bring her to Himself!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 am

Praise the Lord! That is a breakthrough, and I'm rejoicing with you today as I know how this is so near and dear a mama's heart! I think that "Grandpa's Box" makes it seem so natural for dc to talk about struggles and their faith with their parent (or grandparent). It was almost like it just opened the door to making it seem just something we do - talk about the struggles we are having in this spiritual warfare we are all involved in, and talk about it with parents or someone you love that loves you enough to listen and relate. I'm so glad this door has opened between you and your ds, and may the Lord continue to be at work in all of us and our dc! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

tjneary99

Post by tjneary99 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Praise God, for He is truly good. I am teary eyed after having read about your son, because it is such a blessing and gift when God touches the hearts of our children. It is very encouraging to read, thanks for sharing. Jen
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Deb,

Thank you so much for sharing this conversation! :D It is so important to us as we write our guides to provide many opportunities for our kiddos to be in God's Word, think about the Lord, speak to Him, and praise Him each and every day. We want the Lord to be near and dear to their hearts and for them to yearn for Him to Lord of their lives. :D There is no greater task, and my heart sings when I hear about conversations like this! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 pm

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing this amazing testimony!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM