Science Notebooking

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Aubreygirl

Science Notebooking

Post by Aubreygirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm about to start PHFHG and I'm so excited! I'm just wondering, in regards to science, if any of you have found an unlined sketchbook better than the 3-ring binder or vice versa. It seems that there will still be notebook paper needing to bound somewhere if I do use the sketchbook. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Aubrey

off2workigo

Re: Science Notebooking

Post by off2workigo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 pm

We've just got a 1 and 1/2 inch binder with the following five tabs: History Narrations (from Reading about History AND the Extensions), History Projects (for pictures mounted on cardstock, three hole punched), Independent History Study, Science Explorations, and Vocabulary. In the front of this binder is a zippered pencil pouch, to house the accordion folded timeline project. Another, smaller notebook has a section for Poetry and Composition (from Rod & Staff). The Dictation, English Grammar, and Common Place books are all bound composition books.

For science, she's been using blank paper, three hole punched, as well as binder paper.

For Independent History, she's been using blank paper, three hole punched, then doing the handwriting on the WRONG SIDE of a binder paper so that, when inserted, it faces the drawing it describes.

-Rebecca

Aubreygirl

Re: Science Notebooking

Post by Aubreygirl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

Rebecca,

Thanks for sharing your tips! I love the idea of the independent history writings facing the picture that was drawn! How clever!

Blessings,
Aubrey