Time frames for RTR boxes

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
8arrows

Time frames for RTR boxes

Post by 8arrows » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

I know this has been discussed before too, but I can't find it. Can anyone link me to this? I am finalizing my schedule and want to make sure I was realistic. My husband calls me "overly optImistic". It means I don't always allow enough time. I don't need math or English, but do need the others. Thank you.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

mamas4loves

Re: Time frames for RTR boxes

Post by mamas4loves » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:57 am

Hi,

I don't know where the recommended time frames are either, but I just used RTR so I can give you our experiences.
Bible Quiet time: 10-15min
Reading About History, Research, Independent History (done in a block of time): 45-55min
Teacher directed boxes (done in a block of time): 30-40min (I tried to keep it at 30m and would often have her finish up on her own)
History Project: varies, but around 20m
Science: 30-40 min (sometimes longer due to distractions, perfectionism on her part)

I hope this helps! I found RTR to be very student driven, sometimes my dd was super motivated and would work on things before breakfast or even the night before to get a jump start and when she did that she would be done by 11:30 or so, which she liked.

Blessings!
Jess
Jess
happy wife to DH of 14 yrs and mama to DD12, DD9, DS6, DD4
DD12--Rev2Rev
DD9--Preparing
DS6--The Reading Lesson!
DD4--LHTH
http://www.reflectionsfromyheart.blogspot.com

tollhousemom

Post by tollhousemom » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 am

I had saved this as a bookmark!!

Here you go...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7138

Looking forward to starting RTR in August!
tollhousemom

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for bringing this question back up :D . Now I don't have to go searching for it :wink: . We just got in our RtR box and I am going to be tweaking our schedule this weekend. Everyone except my oldest is plugging along with the same things for a bit longer. So I'm thinking I won't have to change much (if any). These estimated times for each box will certainly help me figure that out! :D
Angie
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)