I wrote in my guides...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shera

Post by shera » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 am

Mary if you weren't so far away I would. I did that for my dear bestest Betty friend when her dh was off fighting for our freedom. I just came in and kind of took over the kitchen. Organized the cabinets, pantry and cooked a ton of food for her and her kiddos so all she had to do was reheat stuff. She was also recovering from pneumonia at the time. I might be off doing this again for her since he's off in the big sandbox again.

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 am

I, like Mary, am writing like crazy in our books!! And I have only used them four days now ! I was thinking when I reuse them to just write in a different color for each child!
The way the guides are set up are so helpful to this Betty!! I am beginning to feel just a little organized-GASP!!!! :lol: I can look at the page and see what I've done and what is left to do- in a glance! We began at 8am and finished today at 10:30 am -doing two programs! And, for the grand finale----- MY SON GOT ALL, YES ALL, OF HIS SPELLING WORDS RIGHT TODAY! ON THE FIRST TRY!!!! I am getting off topic here, but My excitement about HOD is growing! Can you tell? My disorganized friend with six kids is coming over today and I am so excited to show her my books!! I feel like we are accomplishing something in school for the first time! Mary's Betty/Olive post really confirmed what I was feeling that I need to get us on track.
I'll quit rambling now.....
kelly

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 am

Ok, so I finally penciled in the date and DD initial on the pages we complete just to start keeping a record. I must say, I have such a hard time writing in books. Even those workbook type books for Bible study. I'm the one who uses a notebook for the answers. :oops:
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:02 am

Kelly,

Just had to pop in and celebrate with you and your son's spelling success. That is a reason to stand up and CHEER! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:42 pm

I was starting to feel "out" of it. I write in lots of books, especially my beyond. Sometimes it is only a check, but I will also write what we did in place of, as well.

BUT - in NY we have to file quarterly reports and it helps a lot to have it written there for when I write the reports.

ALTHOUGH - I had to teach my son this year that we can NOT write in library books. He is so used to seeing me write in books. :lol:

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways