Park Day

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrskturner

Park Day

Post by mrskturner » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Our home school group meets every Friday for Park Day. All the parents hang out and talk about curriculum while the kids play. I brought five HOD catalogs with me today and ended up passing everyone of them out!!! I met this home school dad who was very impressed with the curriculum. It really meant alot to me that he was so impressed with it because he use to be a teacher at a Christian School, then a principle at a Christian School, and now he owns his own tutoring business that he runs in the afternoon and homeschools is little girl during the day. I talked with just him about HOD for over an hour. Towards the end of our conversation he said " I am sold. How do I buy it?" I told him you just go the website on the catalog. He replied with "Oh, I thought you sold it!" I laughed and said I guess I did come across as I was selling the curriculum, but I don't, I just love it that much!!! I also passed out four other catalogs to different moms in the group and talked to them about it. One lady said that in the past two weeks she has heard about HOD a few times, God must be nudging her! LOL I spent five hours at the park today talking about HOD the whole time!!! And I had a blast. :)
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

kiloyd

Re: Park Day

Post by kiloyd » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:30 pm

That's great!!! :D
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Kirsten,

We are so humbled that you think enough of our programs to share them with others. :D So much of our business comes from the Lord laying it on families' hearts to share HOD with other families. :D We pray daily for the Lord to bring those to HOD who may be blessed by what we have to offer, and your sharing is an answer to that prayer. Thanks so much for giving of your time and energies! :D We pray that the Lord may continue to richly bless your year and your homeschool journey.

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:23 am

WOW! Thanks for taking the time to get the word out about HOD, and in such a personal way too! You are an answer to prayer. HOD is a small business and depends on ladies like you. That was one very beneficial way to spend your Park Day! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mrskturner

Post by mrskturner » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 am

I am NOT the sales person type at all. I have tried and failed miserablly at the work at home jobs in the past. ( partylite, southern living, discoverytoys, ect..) But I love HOD so much that I can talk about it for ever! If HOD was a work at home business, I would have a mommy job! LOL But I don't mind promoting HOD for free, because it is the best curriculum I have ever come across.
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/