HOD - The BEST customer service - EVER!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
juliekay

HOD - The BEST customer service - EVER!

Post by juliekay » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I can't even express to you how much I appreciate HOD in every way, but I really want to share with you how great HOD is in the area of customer service. Last year we used Preparing and LOVED it! This year we moved onto RtR, but my youngest in RtR (9) is still doing level 3 dictation (RtR starts at level 4). Some of my pages from the back of Preparing - Level 2/3 dictation were beginning to fall out and with 3 kiddos sharing the guide with me I just chucked it up to the normal wear and tear; however, I wrote a quick note to HOD asking that since I did purchase Preparing within the past year would it be possible for them to just e-mail me the couple pages of dictation that had fallen out and gone who knows where around here. Within the hour I got this note back from Mike Austin:
"Thank you for e-mailing us about your Preparing guide! Your guide should last a long time, so we are sending you a new guide out tomorrow. Are you still at: ( confirmed my address)

Also, thanks so much for the encouraging words! I will pass them along to Carrie. (I just told him how much we loved using Preparing and wanted them to know that we really did use that book - hard....)

Have a great school year!

Mike Austin
Heart of Dakota Publishing, Inc."
Within days I got that cute little HOD box in the mail and pulled out my new guide (I had always planned to use Preparing again when my youngest 2 reach that age of understanding.) and my 9 year old gave me a funny look as to why I got a brand new Preparing guide when we had already started RtR... So I told my family this story. My husband - who isn't very responsive to anything practically shouted, "NOW THAT"S REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE! How refreshing to know that there are businesses out there that listen to their customers and put them first!" Of course I agree! HOD really didn't need to send me a new guide, but in doing so they have made us loyal customers - stay loyal customers! I look forward to ordering and receiving many more cute little HOD boxes full of joyful homeschooling books for a long time a-comin'! Thank you Mike and Carrie and the entire Austin family for OUTSTANDING customer service!
Julie
2010-2011
ds 13 RTR plus
ds 12 RTR plus
ds 8 RTR
dd 5
ds 2
We loved using Bigger & Preparing

HappyMama

Re: HOD - The BEST customer service - EVER!

Post by HappyMama » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:07 am

Wow, that is awesome!! :)

annaz

Post by annaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 am

I love great customer service!

Especially nowadays there very rarely is any.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 pm

That is awesome!!

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm

WOW!!! That's very generous and excellent customer service!!!
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM