How many here have switched from MFW or WP?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
BrandieinTN

Post by BrandieinTN » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm

I used MFW 1st with my oldest and liked most of it. Then we tried WP ANimal Worlds, but didn't like that much. We went back to MFW Adventures this year, but it just didn't work for us like 1st did. I also tried MFW K with my youngest, but it didn't work either. Part of that being we are not able to utilize the library. I am thinking of doing HOD with my oldest using Preparing and My younger two using Little Hands
to Heaven, then continue little Hearts for my soon to be 5yr old.

Brandie in TN
Brandie in TN
(DH)David
(DD)Kaylyn 8
(DD)Kendall 4
(DD)Kori 2

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:45 pm

We tried MFW Adventures and hated it. We are currently using HOD Beyond and MFW K (because I already bought it).

yayadaisy

Post by yayadaisy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:03 pm

This was my first year homeschooling my son went to school for two years before we pulled him out. I have been using MFW and found it to be okay, but a lot of trips to the library, which we haven't really done. I have five kids and going anywhere with them is not an easy task. Let alone I have other comments during the week so I don't like to run around a lot and our library is quite small so a lot of books on the subject just are not there. HOD just seemed to be the right fit I am so excited to get started.

Sheila

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:32 pm

We have used MFW K and Adventures, and WP Animal Worlds and Children Around the World. While there were parts of the programs that we really liked, neither was a perfect fit for our family. We have completed the first 3 weeks of Bigger and love it. :D HOD seems to fit our family so much better than MFW or WP. I love that all the books needed are included and scheduled, I love the biblical focus, the living books, the poetry, spelling, and dictation that is included. And I love the layout of the teacher guide! I am still unsure about R&S grammar, but that's another great thing about HOD, you can use the recommended LA and Math, or not. Hope this helps!

Allison