science ?? for those using ctc for highschool

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
beverett

science ?? for those using ctc for highschool

Post by beverett » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

I was wandering if you ladies that are doing or are going to do ctc for highschool would share which science you are doing and maybe why??? I would really like to do the science that comes with it and up it by adding the biology 101 dvds. It sounds sooo fun. I also considered doing the pac works that Carrie suggested in another post, they just both look sooo wonderful that i am having a hard time deciding. My son will be in the 9th grade and we have been doing apologia. So anyway your input would be nice, thanks very much :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

Heather4Him

Re: science ?? for those using ctc for highschool

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:32 am

We're using CTC for 8th (and plan on RTR for 9th), but we're doing Apologia General Science this year, only because we already did the science in CTC in a previous year, and because our daughter LOVES Apologia Science! We plan on continuing with it for high school as long as it's working well!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

beverett

Re: science ?? for those using ctc for highschool

Post by beverett » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you Heather! :D My ds has done general and physical science apologia and it is a wonderful cirriculum just not what I think this ds is needing right now. I realize the ctc uses apologia, but I really like all of Carrie's "tweeking" and the other books that are used along with it.
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie