4 Day Schedule for Beyond

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
GracieMarie

4 Day Schedule for Beyond

Post by GracieMarie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi all,
I will starting Beyond shortly. The 2 of my children who will be doing the program are 7 and 9. I realize my 9 year old is a little old for the program but because of family events the past few years she has not had much formal schooling though she reads at grade level. My 7 year old son is currently learning to read. I think both of them will do well with the program and since they are a bit older, I would like to combine 5 days into 4. Any ideas of the best way to accomplish this? What works best to be combined in a day? Has anyone done this? Thank you so much for any help. I am so excited to begin this journey! :D
Beyond ds 2nd grade and dd 4th grade (with LA portions of bigger)
CTC dd 7th grade
little guy with down syndrome starting LHTH soon.

Emilylou

Re: 4 Day Schedule for Beyond

Post by Emilylou » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm

We attend a co-op on Fridays so I need to do Beyond in 4 days too. This is what works best for us. One day each week I double up on one subject. On Mondays we do 2 days worth of math, Tuesdays we do 2 days worth of LA's, Wednesday I do 2 days of History and then on Thursday I do Day 5's bible history. Storytime I usually do one day on the weekend or one evening.
Hope this helps. I am pretty laid back- and this seems to work for us.
~ Lisa
Wife to Stephen, mom to dd almost 5 and ds 6 1/2

billswife

Post by billswife » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

We are doing a 4 day week with Beyond. On our last day we double up Day 4 and Day 5 with History, Misc. Box, Bible, and we do spelling and Day 5 language arts. It doesn't add a lot more time to the day at all. My 7 year old doesn't think it's too much either.
Ann

DS 17 New American History
DD 13 Rev to Rev
DD 11 CTC

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

If we have to double up with Beyond I usually combine Day 4 and 5 as well.
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 pm

We have co-op one day a week too, but we do about an hour of school on those days. My older son (using CTC) will do "electives" and my younger son (doing Beyond) will do left side pages and storytime on that day during our hour of school. We will add right side pages to day 5 (our co-op is on Thurs). He loves History and Bible so much that he never complains. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.