Bible for a young girl

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
pollo_la

Bible for a young girl

Post by pollo_la » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 am

I would like to get my dd a Bible that is actually a "complete BIble" not a Bible storybook. I was thinking it might also be nice if there was some commentary in it as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on one that would be good for a young girl? Also, I am torn as to "what version" of scripture to get as well. I want it to be easy for her to understand, which I feel NIV or NRSV are, BUT at the same time we memorize quite a few verses in KJV, SO... what to do???
Laurie:
Wife to Daniel since June 2002
Mom to: Odessa (5) using LHFHG and Emerging Readers from BLHFHG,
Sophie (3), Nadia (2), and Elliana (newborn)

2littlemisses

Re: Bible for a young girl

Post by 2littlemisses » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am

We use the NIrV Adventure Bible for early readers. It comes in pretty colors or hardcover.
or
KJV Kids Study Bible, Hardcover edition
Hendrickson Publishers / 2009 / Hardcover
or
KJV Kid's Study Bible, Hardcover
Zonderkidz / 2001 / Hardcover

HTH :D
DD 10
DD 8
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, using BHFHG & PHFHG this fall

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:25 am

We just got our 6.5 yr old the Early Readers Bible (NKJV). i did a lot of research and our church's bookstore happened to have a copy. we showed our son a couple Bibles and he chose this one. it is hardback and the cover is green, yellow, purple, red, and blue. i'd say could be for either boy or girl. the Bible got lots of good reviews. It is nice clear print (easy on old eyes too), some time-lines in back and some other study helps. We wanted him to have a Bible that looked like mom and dad's after finishing reading his story bible (the Beginner's Bible). we like this version because it is close to the KJV, with it being easier to read. We memorize some of our verses in KJV ,too. i think the age range was wide.

ISBN# 978-0-7180-1330-1

HOpe you find the perfect Bible

Jenn
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 am

I'm so glad you asked this! We've been looking too. Caroline is 6 now and likes to look up the verses in church and that's hard to do with a story Bible! :lol: We have been looking at the NIrV of the Beginner's Bible, or the younger kids Adventure Bible. I look forward to seeing what you get recommended!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

We have loved the HOD BIble choices for school and have found them to be a wonderful component of our day. For church, once our dc can read quite well, we get the NIV Discoverer's Bible by Zonderkidz. If you have a Crossroads Book Store near you, you may just want to go and look at all of the many Bibles they have there to make your decision. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

My son has an NIrV but I much prefer the NIV version. I don't really care for the NIrV at all. Because our church uses the NKJV then that's the version I bought for my daughter. I may also get her the NIV Adventure Bible, updated edition (and my son when he gets older).
~Juli~
Wife to P
Mommy to dd Froggie - age 7 - BLHFHG - August '10
ds Hot Wheels - age 4 - LHTH - August '10

http://soaringeagle91.blogspot.com/