A Peek at the Projects in CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

A Peek at the Projects in CTC

Post by Carrie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Ladies,

As we now have Creation to Christ at the printer, I thought you might enjoy a sneak peek into some of the projects within CTC! :wink:

Some of the projects for students include the following:
Making a Mesopotamian cylinder seal to sign their names like a king, creating a shepherd's headband and wearing the headband at a shepherd's meal, baking Egyptian Palace Bread and forming an Egyptian column like those at the Great Temple of Karnak, designing a High Priest's breastplate complete with Hebraic gemstones, making a Philistine's helmet and a sling, producing and playing the ancient Phoenician board game Twenty Squares, making a clay map of Israel and her neighbors, folding an oragami prayer box, baking a cookie model of the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream, making a gragger and a traditional Jewish cookie for Purim, acting out Phidippides' historic run, having mock Olympic Game Trials, making and writing on our own version of papyrus, creating a trading card game to trade products from the port at Carthage, building a working catapult, planning a Roman meal with choice of Roman custard or cheesecake, drawing and cutting out Roman clothing as worn by a Roman soldier, etching a cross, making scented rocks and labeling them with descriptions of Peter, mapping Apostle Pauls' missionary journeys, and making a wordless book to share the gospel with others. :D

We can't wait to get started using CTC this upcoming year with our second son!

Blessings,
Carrie

Daisy

Re: A Peek at the Projects in CTC

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Lydia is begging me to start and even her little brother is impressed.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

dale1088

Post by dale1088 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll have to wait one more year to get into it but we can't wait!!! Meanwhile Preparing is ahead for us!!!
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

patekake

Post by patekake » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Carrie:

Thanks so much for the posting of projects that we will be doing soon! Excitement is building in our home as we will begin CTC about mid August. We were happy to read that it is off to the printer as I had been checking the board daily to see if there was an update on the progress. Thank you for sharing your gift of knowledge and writing with us. Also, thank your family for us as I know they have to share you and it is not always easy sharing your wife and mom!

Patti

ShellyM

Post by ShellyM » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Oooh, I am getting more excited! :D I plan on finally placing my order in a day or two, and I know my dd will just love CTC!
Can't wait! :lol:
Shelly
Shelly
Wife of 15 years to Eric
Mom to 4 great kids dd12, ds7, ds4, dd almost 1 yr.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 am

WOW! That sounds wonderful! Can't wait to do it! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

LAF512

Post by LAF512 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:14 pm

That sounds like so much fun!!
Lori

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

These are just some???? :D :D :D

I read the list to my hubby last night (who is really only ever interested in what we are doing for Bible and History :lol: ) and he made me promise to wait on some of the projects till he gets home! :lol:

We are just so excited to get this year started!! Thanks Carrie!
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Wow, just read them to my daughter and she is excited (as am I)! :D
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Can't wait till we get there! We have a few years ahead of us and very excited about starting Bigger and doing LHTH again! Thank you sharing. I'm glad you are meeting your headlines and I pray that the guides will come out as planned and shipped off to everyone in a timely manner.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for your prayers! We are excited to begin CTC with our third son this year too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie