Taking the plunge!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kayben

Taking the plunge!

Post by kayben » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:31 pm

We are excited here in our house as we get ready to start PHFHG and LHFHG at half speed , three days a week beginning tomorrow. We were going to start in Sept. when my DD starts her school. But decided to get some schooling in so we can take some time off in February when our new BABY joins our crew! (thanks Mom2Monkeys for helping me through the emotions of it all) For those of you who prayed me through our M/C in May, rejoice with me as we hit 10 wks with baby #9 today! We know that we will all meet our #8 when we see each other in Heaven for the first time. Won't that little one feel some chaotic love!!! We still feel the sadness of our loss but we know we are so blessed to have the peace and comfort of the Lord. I don't know how people do without it. We are thrilled for this baby and the kids just found out this week and are loving the idea of "time off" in FEb. Anyway! Can't wait to start!

I put all of the tm's and regular read alouds, English TM's etc. in one of those spinning black desk office things from Staples. One of my big problems was always losing the books I needed on a regular basis. I am excited to keep the kids daily things in a "workbox tote" and mine in the spinning office. That, for me, is really orgainzed:) We shall see! Hopefully, I can figure out how to post pics in the weekly check in!
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

ShellyM

Re: Taking the plunge!

Post by ShellyM » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear you are expecting! :D I remember when you had your miscarriage and I prayed for you and your family. I had a miscarriage a few years back, and it was a painful experience to lose a little one. My heart goes out to you as I know the healing takes a while. But I also rejoice with you as you wait for this new little one to arrive!

I will pray that your "plunge" into HOD goes well. We will be taking the "plunge" as well this fall, and I look forward to hearing how things are going with your adventure in HOD! :)
Many Blessings,
Shelly
Shelly
Wife of 15 years to Eric
Mom to 4 great kids dd12, ds7, ds4, dd almost 1 yr.

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Rebecca,

Just wanted to share in your excitement and say congratulations, how blessed you and your family are!

I love the idea of the "spinning office thingy" that you mentioned. I totally relate to always "losing" books, and I typically find myself searching for one just as we need it. I am trying to add some more organization to our schooling so that things run more smoothly.
Anyway, I am going to search Staples and see if I can find what you were talking about as far as the organizer "thingy".

Enjoy your day tomorrow! :D

Candice

kayben

Post by kayben » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Here's the link to the office desk organizer. I have had it around for a while. Now it is perfect. I am putting my TM's in the center (where you would put hanging files) and the read alouds in one of the side pockets, the TM's for LA pockets, etc. I am excited.

here it is

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/ ... 0120_SHOPS
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Ahh, perfect!

Thank you!

Candice :D

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:45 pm

kayben wrote:Here's the link to the office desk organizer. I have had it around for a while. Now it is perfect. I am putting my TM's in the center (where you would put hanging files) and the read alouds in one of the side pockets, the TM's for LA pockets, etc. I am excited.

here it is

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/ ... 0120_SHOPS

OOH!! I LIKE IT!!!

Leah :D
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Rebecca,

Congratulations! :D I'm so glad to hear that you've been blessed with another pregnancy! That is exciting.

I bet you're excited to dive into Preparing and LHFHG, too. (I'm going to be close on your heels with those programs in about a month. :wink: ) Have fun!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Congratulations :D
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Congratulations, Rebecca - that is certainly good news! :D I pray your pregnancy goes well and for you and your dc to have a wonderful time doing PHFHG and LHFHG! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie