Sea Biscuit: Wonderful Book!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rebecca

Sea Biscuit: Wonderful Book!

Post by Rebecca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:33 pm

We are nearing the end of our time with Come on, Sea Biscuit. This book has now made me cry twice! What a wonderful story- I have found that this book so much reflects our Creator- as Sea Biscuit's courage, perseverence, and dignity surely point to the One who made him...
This book brought for spontaneous narrations complete with illustrations from my seven and eight year olds.

Such a great story!

Rebecca

mansmom

Re: Sea Biscuit: Wonderful Book!

Post by mansmom » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:37 pm

OH YEAH...that's on my list of read alouds for next year...thanks for sharing!!!
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 pm

You don't want to miss it!!!
Rebecca

paliz

Post by paliz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 am

I liked that book too. However, having seen the movie I'm having a hard time sorting things out.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Rebecca,

My boys loved Come On Seabiscuit so much that we got the audio of it from Blackstone (after we read the book aloud first with Beyond). We just finished listening to it this year during our lunchtime! Jim Weiss read it aloud on the audio, and even my 6 year old loved it. :D

By the way, I see that there is currently a special on Dr. Stobaugh's website advertising 40% off any Blackstone titles if you order 4 or more during the pre-season sale. His website it http://www.forsuchatimeasthis.com and you have to call your order into to him to get the discount. Scroll down the page at the link above to see the offer. 8)

Paliz,

The movie and the book are different from one another. The book is more accurate, as the movie changed some events slightly to make it more action-packed. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie