Question about new ancients package

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lynnw

Question about new ancients package

Post by Lynnw » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 am

I read here that the new Ancient History package should be available by August (2009). Will you have the book packs and samples available on the website for review much earlier than that? I'm interested in this package, but usually make my decisions for next year in the spring (Also, my oldest ds is wanting to go back to ancients now, LOL, I'm trying to hold him off!). Also - will you be at the Cincy or Indy HS conventions this year and will you have anything more about the Ancients package at the conventions?

Thanks!
Lynn
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Candice

Re: Question about new ancients package

Post by Candice » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Lynn,

Just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle!
I imagine Carrie will be along soon to have some answers for you.

Candice :D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Carrie is the only one who can answer this for you. But I know that last year on the guide she was writing, they had the book packages on the website in like January or February. Then, they had the samples from the guide up on the website in April...and with them at conventions. You could preorder and the guides shipped August 1. (I think they even beat that by a few days. :wink: ) My guess would be that they're striving for a similar schedule.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Candice, thanks for the bump :)

Kathleen, thanks for sharing past experience... that is very helpful!

My dh is going to be going to Iraq next school year and I'm thinking about how I can simplify a little bit (We've been pretty eclectic - some Ambleside, some WTM, etc.). I've looked at TOG and it seems like it would be too much planning for me with him gone and so many other needs to consider. I'm excited about the posts I've already read about HOD's ancient plan!
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Lynn,

Aren't the ladies on this board amazing at getting you the information you need! :D We are following a very similar schedule for the release of our new guide to the schedule we followed last year for Preparing Hearts. So... we have already sent the ancient's product overview and packages to our website designer. He will be working on getting them up in January. It is quite a job! I am looking forward to seeing them on the web myself! :D We are VERY pleased with the balance of everything and excited about the resources to be used! Our oldest son is testing many of them for us this year. :wink:

Then, we'll have the first week of plans on the web in early April with the new catalog to follow. We will not be in Cincinnati or in Indianapolis this year. We used to exhibit in Indy but now have another show date which conflicts. We've never been to Cincy. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie