She's Ready For School

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hsmomof5

She's Ready For School

Post by hsmomof5 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:25 am

We are back! My toddler (2yo) was not ready for school 4 months ago but now she is. She is bored crazy and has been sitting at the table with the boys while we "do" school. She gets a sheet of paper and pencil and says "A", telling me that she is writing that letter. She later gets books off the shelf and says "read" so that we can read together. During math, she counts "1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9" and then starts over again. She wants to do everything that her brothers are doing so I restarted Little Hands to Heaven and she loves it. She feels like such a big girl when I say "Times for school!" It's "yaaaaaaaaay!" in response. :lol: So we are back at it and back on the board. I can't wait to catch up on everyone. :)

beandip71

Re: She's Ready For School

Post by beandip71 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:28 am

That is great news!! I hope she enjoys LHTH. I can't wait to see pics on your blog. :D Have a great weekend!

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 am

Have fun with your dd...it's great that she wants to be like her big brothers! :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Those toddlers keep us on our toes, don't they! My little guy whose 2 is not quite ready for LHTH yet, but I can't wait until he is! I love to see those toddlers excited about school and feeling like such a "big boy" or "big girl". :wink: How cute!

Blessings,
Carrie

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:05 pm

That is so cute!!!

All the best with "school" :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!