I am still here...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
peridot

I am still here...

Post by peridot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 am

I am not sure if any of you were wondering where I was or not. ;-) I am about 28 days from my due date. Everything is going great and the baby is moving A LOT. We are only on unit 8 and we started in June! lol We have taken 2, 2wk breaks since we started. I guess it comes with the territory of being pregnant. We aren't going to start on unit 8 until a few weeks or so after the baby is born. The girls are loving it and miss it. Tomorrow we are going to start school back up, but we only are going to do math, home ec (from the pearables) and language lessons. I will be reading a lot and they will have their reading times. Plus they will have a lot of outside time. I am ready, but not, for the baby to get here. We are probably going to go to a 4 day a week format but I believe I can do it. :-) Just like Linda Fay says..."One step at a time..."
~April~
Wife to my beloved husband
Mommy to our blessings (10,8,5,2 and newborn~12/29/2010)
We are going to use Bigger w/ 10yr-will be 11 (with extensions) & 8yr old & LHFHG with 5yr old-will be 6. :-)

Kathleen

Re: I am still here...

Post by Kathleen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:51 pm

April,

I was wondering where you were. :D I'm so glad to hear that you've had a good start with school!! For some reason I was thinking that your baby was due in August, too. I hope your delivery is safe...and soon. :wink: I'll be waiting to hear about your new blessing!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Amey

Post by Amey » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Hey April!

I just wanted to tell you I really enjoyed reading your blog! Congratulations on number 4! Have you delivered all of yours at home?
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:11 pm

April, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and that you are almost ready for the baby. So glad you are still here and that everything is well. :D Can't wait to hear about the new baby! Being pregnant is tiring but worth it. I really enjoyed looking at your blog. :D Glad you are back with us.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

peridot

Post by peridot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks! I haven't delivered all at home, just #3 and prayfully this one. I have a wonderful, Christian midwife that we are thankful to have. :-) Does anyone do the Outdoor Hour on the Handbook of Nature Study blog?

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:24 pm

I am new here but wanted to peek in. Like reading about your pregnancy and how you are working everything out. Will be excited to hear the arrival..... :D

I am Teena..... I am using LHFHG for my 5 & 6 yr old boys. Planning on starting Bigger (w/ extension pkg)for my 11 yr old in a few weeks. I LOVE the program and we are only on Unit 2!!! :mrgreen:

blessings,
Teena mom to 1/2 doz. & a DIL
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)