A Neat Common Place Book

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

A Neat Common Place Book

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 am

For those of you doing Preparing..., I wanted to share a neat common place book! It's from New Leaf Books, a division of Master Books. I love that "old world" look to it, and it's lined and full of neat quotes about Creation. Here's a link to it (I picked the brown one, but if you've got girls, there's a neat girly one too) :D :

http://www.nlpg.com/store/product_info. ... cts_id=452

I'm getting excited for this coming school year. I organized our books yesterday, and I can't wait to dig into them come September.

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: A Neat Common Place Book

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

I just wanted to add that I purchased this same one, along with Julie. While it's not necessary to have this specific book, I love the idea of a bound, lined, hardback volume of some sort that will stand the test of time (and the wear and tear my boys put on their books)! :wink:

We had fun looking for the boys' "Common Place Book"! Hope you will too.

Blessings,
Carrie

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Thank you for this great suggestion! I plan to order one for each of my oldest two boys.
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Ooo, thanks for the link, Julie. That looks really neat. I'm not to Preparing for another year yet, but I'm going to remember this site for later.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008