Starting the year off with a fun DITHOR activity!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lmercon

Starting the year off with a fun DITHOR activity!

Post by lmercon » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm determined to do a better job incorporating DITHOR into our schedule on a more regular basis. I was reading through the kick-off ideas for the first genre, biography. I saw that one was a trip to a local historical home. The suggestion was to tour the home and try to learn as much about the person as you can by how his/her home was decorated and the items that were on display. I got the notion that a small field trip might just be a great way to kick off our school year too! So we will be going on a half-day trip on day one. They'll be so excited as field trips have really been rare the last couple of years as we've added a baby, now toddler, to our family. We live in such a historical area that it's a shame to miss the opportunities that are here. Just an idea for anyone looking for a fun and "on-plan" way to start the year.
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

marybeth33

Re: Starting the year off with a fun DITHOR activity!

Post by marybeth33 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Sounds great! Where will you be visiting?

Mary Beth

lmercon

Re: Starting the year off with a fun DITHOR activity!

Post by lmercon » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Just a local place called, "Pottsgrove Manor." He basically founded a local town and was a major economic contributor to Revolutionary war efforts. I live in southeast PA, so lots of history around here.
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!