Singapore Math 3B

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Oldoak

Singapore Math 3B

Post by Oldoak » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Do we need manipulatives in this level? First time doing this math curriculum and trying to play a bit of catch up! Going to try to get 4A and B done next year too! We should get,in the mail tomorrow!

bethelmommy

Re: Singapore Math 3B

Post by bethelmommy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 pm

We haven't needed anything so far beyond a ruler, yardstick and meter stick. We are about 1/3 of the way through 3b
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

Nealewill

Re: Singapore Math 3B

Post by Nealewill » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I have not needed anything specific. Sometimes I use small blocks or beads for things to make a point. I did this for long multiplication, division or fractions. But again, I just use something I have in the house. I have only done it when it is clear that my kids aren't understanding the concept by looking at it and that they need to physically experience it.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM