A Child's Geo. in CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
StillJulie

Re: A Child's Geo. in CTC

Post by StillJulie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:48 am

Interestingly enough, this is my third year going through it (and I'll still have three more to go), and it is my favorite. I'm enjoying it, and my DS likes it as well.
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade

andreacress

Post by andreacress » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Just as an encouragement, my son used A Child's Geography 2 years ago when he did CTC, and we still remember the things he learned from it. I would say definitely persevere. It will pay off!
Andrea in FL

ds, 10th grade, World History Guide

mrsrandolph

Post by mrsrandolph » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 pm

One thing I like to do to make it more palatable, I do a lot with youtube in Geography. Like, we watched whirlingdervishes perform. We also make the recipes.
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:28 am

I'm definitely persevering. There is a lot of great stuff in there. I just need to wade through the flowering descriptions. It is definitely just a preference of writing style. :) That's a good idea to look things up on youtube.
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

jjn3beans

Post by jjn3beans » Sat May 02, 2015 7:44 am

I actually love your candor in this post! Reading a negative review on a book doesn't usually daunt me, depending on the complaint. It doesn't sway me from trying it, anyway. While one person despises a book, the next person raves! A few books that come to mind are The Door in the Wall and Follow My Leader. I didn't mind The Door, but the girls really didn't like it. I really, really didn't like Follow My Leader. DD10 (younger when we read it) loved it and begged me not to sell it. :D Anyway, if anything, you have me interested in the book now! :wink:
Julie
DD15, DD13 (MtMM + some WG)
DD11 (Preparing)