New Catalog Arrived!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bethelmommy

Re: New Catalog Arrived!

Post by bethelmommy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Nealewill wrote:My problem is that every time I get a catalog in I end up giving it away to another homeschool mom! I had my catalog for a whole 3 days before I offloaded it to a friend who recently decided to pull her kids out of school. Looking forward to going to the convention to stock back up so that I can give them all away again.
This is my problem too :D. I think I gave away 4-5 catalogs last year to interested moms. I need to request more now so I am set up to hand out more freely over the summer. I always feel a bit stingy when I am down to my last catalog :wink: .
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

RachelB

Post by RachelB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Augh!! I've been an HOD customer for 6 years and my catalog must have gotten lost in the mail! All these posts about the new catalog are killing me, so I went and requested a new one! I can't wait to see it!!
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 am

Mine arrived all the way across the pond in the UK last week. Happily looking at what we will need next.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Rice

Post by Rice » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 am

I'm with you, Rachel! Trying to be patient but want to see the new catalogue before our provincial conference next weekend. :? Anyone in Canada received theirs yet?

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:19 pm

I've got mine. I'm also going to a conference next weekend. I forget if we're in the same province though. Are you in ON?
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Thank you, Julie!! Mine came in Elaine's installment. I have already used it to look up information for next year!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Glad to help, 8arrows!!! :D :D :D

Glad you received it, Mumkins!!! :D :D :D

I think you should have it by now, Rice! :cry: I think I'd request another one, and if you get two, that's just doubly good! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:12 pm

my3sons wrote:
Nealewill wrote:My problem is that every time I get a catalog in I end up giving it away to another homeschool mom! I had my catalog for a whole 3 days before I offloaded it to a friend who recently decided to pull her kids out of school. Looking forward to going to the convention to stock back up so that I can give them all away again.
:D :D :D Just ask for more! We're glad to give you them! :) HOD's greatest compliment is when its users love to share their happiness with using it with others! :D In the notes section in the catalog request, just note how many you'd like to hand out. Thanks!!!

In Christ,
Julie
I will definitely keep that in mind for the future!!!!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Rice

Post by Rice » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Sorry for not updating! We did get ours last week, I think about March 25, or maybe even the 22? Perfect timing for me to have a good look through it (and transfer all my marks, showing which books we already own) before our conference last weekend!

I love the set-up, with more packages not spread over the front and back of some pages. :) I find it even easier to keep track of what I need/have.

But, I think I'm going to request a couple more catalogues (sorry Cdn spelling!) so I can pass them on to others who are curious! The more of us who use HOD, the more likely HOD would be able to come to a conference here, right? Or to carpool with to a farther one! Not to mention the fellowship would be SO nice!

And Mumkins, we're in MB.

Blessings, all!
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Oh good, Rice! :D :D :D I'm so glad it came! Sharing HOD with others is always appreciated!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

jjn3beans

Post by jjn3beans » Sat May 02, 2015 7:53 am

Just resurrecting this old thread. I received an HOD catalog too, and after having some problems with our current program, I decided to really dive into the catalog. Can I say that this catalog is the best I've seen in a long while? My copy is ragged and some of the pages are falling out. I take it here and there and even carry it around the house with me sometimes! I looked into early HOD programs briefly early on in our homeschooling, but didn't look deeply. I am astounded that the things I've been trying to add to our homeschool rather unsuccessfully (art, music, composer study, narration, etc.) are all scheduled for me in HOD. I'm taking the plunge!
Julie
DD15, DD13 (MtMM + some WG)
DD11 (Preparing)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun May 03, 2015 3:31 pm

jjn3beans wrote:Just resurrecting this old thread. I received an HOD catalog too, and after having some problems with our current program, I decided to really dive into the catalog. Can I say that this catalog is the best I've seen in a long while? My copy is ragged and some of the pages are falling out. I take it here and there and even carry it around the house with me sometimes! I looked into early HOD programs briefly early on in our homeschooling, but didn't look deeply. I am astounded that the things I've been trying to add to our homeschool rather unsuccessfully (art, music, composer study, narration, etc.) are all scheduled for me in HOD. I'm taking the plunge!
HOORAY! :D We really do try our best to put together something special within the HOD catalog, so this is inspirational to read! :D :D :D In a media era when everyone around us is cranking out downsized catalogs and going to more online descriptions/links only, comments like these encourage us to keep putting in the extra effort to make the HOD catalog beautiful - and hopefully memorable. :D Thanks for taking the time to share! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie