A Child's Geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Charika30

A Child's Geography

Post by Charika30 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi, everyone! I just have a question about A child's geography? I don't have a printer right now. I am curious if that's going to affect the program a lot or if we can still use the program successfully without it? I do see in two of the days (so far) that we will need to print something out...We are only on unit 2 of CTC.

Nealewill

Re: A Child's Geography

Post by Nealewill » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 pm

The book recommends you print a travel log and then you print the maps. The maps would be very helpful and necessary IMHO. If you don't have a printer now, I would try and find a way to print these. For the travel log, you could just blank notebook paper. The travel log is just your child writing down that they remember for the reading.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Charika30

Post by Charika30 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Ok, I'll find a way. Thanks (again) :)...

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:41 am

I agree with Nealewill - the maps are necessary. :D I'd for sure print those. Do you have a copier? If you do, you can just print 1 each of the Travel Log options, and copy them as needed throughout the year. Otherwise, if you don't have a copier, you may want to just print enough Travel Logs for the year. I find that my dc write neatly and draw better when they are doing the Travel Logs because they are look 'neater' already being preprinted with boxes, titles, lines, etc. Blessedly, HOD has very few pages that need to be printed/copied each year. HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Charika30

Post by Charika30 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

my3sons wrote:I agree with Nealewill - the maps are necessary. :D I'd for sure print those. Do you have a copier? If you do, you can just print 1 each of the Travel Log options, and copy them as needed throughout the year. Otherwise, if you don't have a copier, you may want to just print enough Travel Logs for the year. I find that my dc write neatly and draw better when they are doing the Travel Logs because they are look 'neater' already being preprinted with boxes, titles, lines, etc. Blessedly, HOD has very few pages that need to be printed/copied each year. HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Thanks Julie (again)! I don't have a copier so I will just try to print enough travel logs for the year... :-)