Little Hands Art Books?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tmcg

Little Hands Art Books?

Post by tmcg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Someone mentioned they had Little Hands Art books on one of the HS email groups I am a part of. I have no idea what they are talking about since there does not seem to be any listed in the curriculum online. Could someone please enlighten me? Should I get them? I am confused. :? Please help. Thank you!

Tammy

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi Tammy!

Little Hands art books must be something that is published by someone else that has the name "Little Hands" in it, because you're right Carrie hasn't written anything called that. There are art activities included in the Little Hands to Heaven guide every week, but I don't think that's what your e-mailer was talking about.

Are you using LHTH? I've done part of it and whole-heartedly look forward to finishing it with my 4 yo!

Hope that helps!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

tmcg

Little Hands Art Books

Post by tmcg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:40 pm

Okay, we finally figured it out....the emailer had purchased some art books from Walmart that were called The Little Hand Art Book. I am glad to know the curriculum includes some art so I won't have ot buy books for her now.

We are working on our first IHIP. I could use some help. Our oldest is using Little Hearts and we are a bit overwhelmed. Any idea on how we could get some informaton on this?

Thanks!
Tammy

familymgrkendra

Post by familymgrkendra » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Our family loves this series of books. They are a great supplement or for Rainy Day activities. I actually blogged about them earlier this year. You can check out my blog post here:

Little Hands Art Books

They really are some great activity books!!
Kendra Neal
Frugal Family Manager to:
DH-Harlin
Joshua 6yrs, Nathan 4yrs, Daniel 3yrs

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Tammy,

I'm not sure exactly what an IHIP is :? ...sorry. Is it a plan of what all you're going to teach this year? I've seen others say that they use the intro to the books to hand in to show what they'll cover because it's all there. If you post this question over on the main board, you'll get lots of great advice I'm sure. Most moms only check there for new posts.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

tmcg

IHIP

Post by tmcg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am

IHIP = Individualized Home School Instruction Plan (your plan that you submit to the district).

I'll post the question on the main board. Thank you for the tip!

Tammy

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:11 pm

tmcg,

I'll just move this post over to the main board, since this folder is for testimonial type posts. :wink: All new posts begin on the main board.

Blessings,
Carrie