Used Curriculum

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
street57

Used Curriculum

Post by street57 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:50 am

I am new to HOD and want to start it for next school year(beginning in Aug 2014). Is there a section where used HOD is sold? I am excited to try it!!!

StephanieU

Re: Used Curriculum

Post by StephanieU » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm

There isn't one on this board. It hink there are Facebook and Yahoo groups for used material though. Also, you can always look at local used curriculum sales for the books used. The guides are probably what is hardest to find used.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

amysconfections

Post by amysconfections » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:58 pm

This is not allowed on these boards. Be careful of used, you can easily spend just as much as new because of shipping costs.
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I have found that chasing down used books takes more time and money than you might think. Buying new and taking advantage of package discounts is more practical for me.
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

Kteni

Post by Kteni » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm

I totally agree with Amy and Creekmama.
I hummed and hawed about HOD. Took advice to keep doing my own thing. Ordered this years books. All though quite a few titles from the guides lists that I would have bought. Prayed some more as my plans did not sit right. Totally should have just listened to The Lord leading me to try HOD in the first place. Had ordered Preparing and Beyond guides to look through in hand. SAW That HOD was what we should be doing. And have now scrambled to put the last pieces together by various book shops and e books and sell stuff we aren't going to use anymore. TOTALLY not worth the work of scouring for titles or shipping involved, even to Canada.
What a blessing it will be to order Bigger and CTC completely from HOD and KNOW I have everything we need at savings of the kits.

Now we sit and await out extension package I DID order from HOD to be here in a few days YIPPEEEEE! Super stoked!
So my advice... do it right the first time, order from HOD and support the author of this rich godly curriculum that is a true treasure.
in {heart} 17 years
yarngirl 14- CTC w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
legoboy 11 - Bigger w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
tractorboy 5 - LHTH 1/2 speed
camobaby 3 - tractorboy's shadow

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Also, because there are so many editions of books, you may find that the assigned page numbers don't match up, which can be a real headache as you go along. I also, for the most part, have found it easier and less expensive to buy from HOD. Their customer service is phenomenal! Because most of the resources are not consumable, you can educate the next child for next to nothing or sell when you are done with it.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

Seashell517

Post by Seashell517 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

I agree. Used is almost as much as new. Also Mike and Carrie will set up a payment plan for you if needed. This helped me get CTC this year. It was a great blessing!
Shelly
Wife of 15 years to Jeff.
DS 12, DD 8,DS 5, DS 2