Supplies

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TyraTooters

Supplies

Post by TyraTooters » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:25 pm

We aren't starting our HOD hs just yet but while the school supplies are still out can anyone tell me what I NEED to get to be prepared and not pay full price when we ARE ready to start? I know crayons and glue sticks are a given. Any other items that you know are on sale this time of year that you know I'd need for either LHFHG or BLHFHG? I bought a small dry erase board, and two sets of 50 page protectors (they were 3.97/pack!). Are the binders cheaper this time of year or about the same as the rest of the year?

StephanieU

Re: Supplies

Post by StephanieU » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Index cards for Beyond (spelling and other things)
Construction paper

Binders are often cheaper, but it depends on the store I think.
You might also want:
Markers and colored pencils
Notebook paper
Spiral or composition books (great for copy work and spelling in Beyond I bet)
Dividers for binders
Printer paper

That is what I have seen so far. We are only on Unit 3 of LHFHG though (using the LA from Beyond too, but only Unit 1 so far).
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Crayons
Pencils/erasers
a good pencil sharpener
markers
colored pencils
dry erase board and markers
index cards
binder
sheet protectors
printer paper
construction paper
scissors
glue sticks
school glue
fingerpaint or paint - Crayola makes a great washable paint but as far as I know this doesn't really go on sale. I recall it being cheaper on Amazon than in any stores around here.
play doh/clay (you may want to wait until you know its coming up there are only a few projects that use it)
For your copywork or spelling you may want to either have separate composition books for it, or a binder with sections and loose leaf paper. I buy the writing paper for starting off, the 3 lines big spaces for early writers. Eventually, probably in Bigger, you can use wide-ruled. If you try to go to wide-ruled too early it can really derail handwriting.

A lot of our other supplies are food related. Food coloring is a common one (usually liquid). But there are several projects that are made with food.

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

TyraTooters

Post by TyraTooters » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:35 pm

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to be sure!!!