LHFHG Workbook question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MistyP

LHFHG Workbook question

Post by MistyP » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

I see that the 1st grade Thinking Skills workbook is not available anymore. Is there a substitute guide for the new work books? Getting ready to do round 2 of LHFHG :D

Thanks!
Misty
Misty
Mommy to 6!

MelInKansas

Re: LHFHG Workbook question

Post by MelInKansas » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 am

The workbook went out of print, so now they have planned for Going on Eagerly and Just Thinking and Choosing, from Rod and Staff. There was also a math plans rewrite so they are offering a 50% discount on a new guide if you originally bought yours from HOD and if you return your old guide. But if you are doing 1st grade math instead of K math you may not be using the math plans written in the guide anyway.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 am

I wonder if they still have some of the "older" books they used last year - Going on Eagerly (obviously they have this) and Hearing and Helping. When people ordered these, they gave them a print-out with a schedule. You could email and ask them if you could get that. Or, you could even just do the new books at your own speed. I think it is 1-2 pages a day that they are scheduled.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

MistyP

Post by MistyP » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks! I may just email them when I place my order but I think it is just a couple of pages so it won't make much difference.

I found the EarlyBird Math with a few pages done (we started with something else) so the guide I have will work with K Math. I'll have to buy 1st grade math. I have Handwriting A with a few pages done as well. Unfortunately I'm still looking for 2 history books. But, since we have moved twice half way across the country since we started it 4 years ago I guess I am doing pretty good!

What am I going to do in 3 years when we start LHFHG again with the twins??? :D :D
Misty
Mommy to 6!

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm

You have almost 2 years to trade in the old LHFHG for a new one with the new workbooks and math activities. They will pay for shipping back to them and you can get the new guide for 50% off. Oh, that's if you bought it new from them in the first place. :) Pretty sweet deal.
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

MistyP

Post by MistyP » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Gwenny wrote:You have almost 2 years to trade in the old LHFHG for a new one with the new workbooks and math activities. They will pay for shipping back to them and you can get the new guide for 50% off. Oh, that's if you bought it new from them in the first place. :) Pretty sweet deal.
Two years from when I bought it or two years from now??
Misty
Mommy to 6!

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Two years from now is what I got from what Carrie posted. You could always email them to make sure.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)