Day #1 with LHFHG and BHFHG!!! It went great.

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
hsmomof4

Day #1 with LHFHG and BHFHG!!! It went great.

Post by hsmomof4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:44 pm

WE are basically finished for the day and I was so happy to see everything go so smoothly on the first day -- that never happens.

Two observations:

#1 I can't believe my almost 4 year old caught on to as much as he did. I am doing LHFHG for my just turned 5 ds and my littlest guy keep up so wonderfully. I bought the Singapore Math 1A & 1B for him to do and he loved that!

#2 WE have studied Columbus many times but my dd never were this interested before. I finished Chp. 1 today in the history book in BHFHG because they wouldn't put it down.

Okay, I have 3 obeservations! This is a funny one!

#3 My oldest dd wants to write a history curriculum when she is older so she has been very interested in looking at my Teacher Manuals lately! This morning she states, "WOW, this smart lady knows how to write a TM!" LOL She is even getting the lingo, granted she has always been dramatic and on the mature side, but what a revelation from a 9 1/2 year old!!! She thinks she can teach the littles in our house with the ease of this layout. I am sure she could! LOL Maybe I'll take a few days off!!!!!

Just want to share after all your warm welcomes and offers of encouragment.

Love,
hsmomof4
HSMOMOF4

Wife to dh for 15 years
Mommy to four sweet babies, ages 9, 7, 5, 3 1/2
Military wife for 15 years!
Blessed by my Heavenly Father!
1 Peter 1:13-21

netpea

YAY!

Post by netpea » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:59 pm

YAY! Glad your day went so well! :D

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm so glad you have a good first day :D ! Thanks for sharing.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:46 pm

hsmomof4,

Your day sounded awesome, and you have a back-up teacher as well!

Candice

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm

What a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL first day!!! I loved your share!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:37 pm

WOOHOO! :D
Candice and I are still doing the happy dance from earlier, so we'll do one for you too!!

I don't think my kids even care to look at any of my "teacher stuff". :?
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:58 pm

hsmomof4,

I'm so glad your first day went so well. I always joke that I usually have a good third day, so you did much better than I do! :D

Your daughter's comments made me smile! My son actually does read many of his directions and activities from our "Bigger..." guide and gets going on his own in many areas.

Thanks for sharing! It makes us all re-charge! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm

YEAH! I am so happy it is working for you guys. Isn't it awesome! 8) We love it. You know my ten year old made a similar comment when we opened another manual at a books store and she compared it to HOD. The lay out is awesome. So glad you are loving it! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Hooray! So glad you had a great first day! Would your daughter come and sub for me in South Dakota? :lol: My son actually loves the layout of the guide too. He's such an organizer - just to give an example, he organized my tupperware drawer when he was 4 yo (it needed it). So of course he loves the boxes in the guides! Anyway, here's to many more happy days coming your way - thanks for sharing!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie