Another thing I am loving about HOD...

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
granolamom6

Another thing I am loving about HOD...

Post by granolamom6 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:16 pm

the Scripture memory!

We are starting Unit 2 of LHFHG and my dd (6) is now learning her second Bible verse. I am amazed at how easily she is memorizing the verses! I love that it is all set up for me and we just DO it! I have wanted my children to memorize Scripture for a long time, but now it is finally happening.

Thank you, Carrie!

I also wanted to say that I really am liking Devotions for the Children's Hour. It is a very well written devotional and I am considering having my older children read through it on their own. I love that each devotion has a little blurb of a hymn at the end. What an easy way to incorporate hymns into our day.

Thank you, again!
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

Melanie

Re: Another thing I am loving about HOD...

Post by Melanie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:35 pm

granolamom6 wrote:the Scripture memory!

We are starting Unit 2 of LHFHG and my dd (6) is now learning her second Bible verse. I am amazed at how easily she is memorizing the verses! I love that it is all set up for me and we just DO it! I have wanted my children to memorize Scripture for a long time, but now it is finally happening.
I second this! I, too, have been amazed at all the verses we have learned (and remember) this year. I have to admit, when we got to the week where we were to memorize the Lord's prayer, I thought...no way can they do this... It's one of their favorites!!

I set up the memory box from the simplycharlottemason site, and this helps keep them fresh. It's going to be so nice to keep adding to this every year.

(ps.... I really enjoyed visiting your blog today!)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:54 pm

I agree! You know what else "I" love about HOD? That YOU are doing it with me Christa. (warm smile)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 pm

I have been amazed at how many scriptures my dd has memorized as well. I think it is great. :D The Hide Em' in Your Heart CD is a big help. My kids love listening to it when we are in the car. Even My 3 y/o ds is learning scripture. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm

I concur!! We have had the Hide 'Em In Your Heart CD (Volume 2) for almost 2 years, because we used it with DD. Even my older son loves it, and both of the older ones were SO excited to get Volume 1. It's an awesome way to memorize scripture because, as my daughter says, "Then you can remember the verses, except as a song!" I was thinking that we need sheet music (piano, simple) so I could play and let the kids sing it themselves, such as at my mom's church when we visit. Does anyone know if sheet music is available? Anyway, we love these CDs and I'm so excited to get started with Little Hearts next week!

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Christa,

That is wonderful, I know how much it means to have God's message really shine through and speak to your children!

Congratulations on having it "finally happen!"

I have already purchased Devotions For The Children's Hour and it looks wonderful, I can hardly wait to get to use it down the road! Kenneth Taylor rocks, I absolutely love everything he has published. And thank you Carrie for putting together such a wonderful program, from "Little Hands" to "Preparing". We are so very blessed by your mission!!! We absolutely love you!!! :D

Candice

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 pm

inHistiming,

I know there are music books out there for Hide 'Em In Your Heart. They are piano accompaniaments and choral line. (The school where I did my student teaching in college was using them in music class. My Kindergarteners sang "In My Father's House" for a parent program.) I have loved the CD's ever since I heard them that year. :D

HTH :D
Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 pm

Ladies, you knew just what I needed to hear today! There is no higher compliment that you could pay me than to tell me how your children are hiding God's word in their hearts!

That is our constant prayer and desire overall for our programs! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to yours for taking time to share this with me! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:27 am

I agree as well. The scripture memory is fun for my dd. She loves to move around, so it really makes her laugh and getting her to move around while memorizing really works. The CD is a huge help AND not annoying LOL!.

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Kathleen,

Thanks so much for telling me this! I will have to do a search and see what I come up with. :o

momof4

Post by momof4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

These tapes are wonderful! My older 2 girls (18 and 13) learned these songs in "Scripture Kids" at church many years ago. They still remember them and sing them when they hear them. I actually remember them pretty well also - over and over again in the car. Luckily, they are catchy tunes and are fun to listen to. Somedays I found myself listening to them on my way to work after I had dropped them off at daycare. :lol: I'm really looking forward to going through them again, and again, and again.

I would guess there is sheet music for them, but since our piano player at church can pull out the notes from any tune and play it, I couldn't say for sure. If you can't find it, let me know and I could check with her and see if she has some or wrote out her own or what....

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:06 pm

ChristianBook has a Hide 'Em in Your Heart music book.
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks, Dixie! I just looked at this and it's under $8.00....I had to put it on my wish list though, because I just placed an order with them last week..health stuff. And I just ordered some things from HOD today...so I have to 'save up' even though it's so cheap. I appreciate that you posted the info. for me. Thanks, again. :o

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:17 am

Thank you for this encouragement...we actually didn't join the boards until we made the commitment to use HOD. I was told about this curriculum back about 6 months ago for my DD4.5. Then I started teaching at a Christian school (Lord's leading) and put HSing on the shelf. DD made it SUPER clear by her actions that she was ready to learn, though. I had stumbled on another CM-based curriculum, but the Lord just kept me pressing on and I kept poring over the HOD materials.

What finally did it for our family was the dual realization 1. that we don't want to force our kids to excel academically; we just want to tuck God's word in the hearts of our kids, and 2. my husband encouraging me not to lock myself into one curriculum. It was an added (and a HUGE) bonus that you have done all the prep work, Carrie. For that I know I'm not alone in being thankful!

This also comes on the heels of us having to drop out of AWANA (sob), due to some necessary schedule changes in our family. I'm so excited to hear other moms say their kids are learning Scripture easily!!! That is so awesome!!!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Heidi,

I'm so glad that you'll get a chance to use HOD and that the Lord led you in our direction. :D We pray that LHFHG may be a blessing to your family. :D We look forward to getting to know you better! On a sidenote, just in case you don't already know, all new posts begin on the Main Board so that is where all current discussions take place. :D

Blessings,
Carrie