Using it for the second time and still love it

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
DTMom

Using it for the second time and still love it

Post by DTMom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:19 pm

I am on my second time through Little Hearts for His Glory and still think it is great! I was a little concerned that it might not be as fun for me the second time through but have found it is fun because since the boys are so different they respond differently to the activities and it has stayed interesting for me. My oldest enjoyed it so much that he frequently wants to listen in again while his little brother is doing his school. It is a wonderful reinforcement for what he already learned. My oldest has some learning challenges in the reading area and a lot of what Carrie has the kids do are activities that have been suggested in other resources to help children with reading challenges. It was so reassuring to realize that without even realizing it we had done a lot of activities to help him along the way toward learning to read. Guess that is why I so appreciate having a cirriculum designed by someone with lots of experience and training in education.

Busymomma1

Encouraging!

Post by Busymomma1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:43 am

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you like it the 2nd time through. I just posted and said I wasn't sure I'd want to do it again next year, when my 2nd child would be in K (my 1st is in K now). Plus, the 2nd child is doing some of it with us now, when he wants. I love the program, but thought perhaps we should move on next year to the next level.

So...how long has it been since you went through it the 1st time? Did you just do it last year and are repeating again this year?

Thanks!

PS: The post I'm talking about that I wrote starts with "Hi from Ohio" if you're interested!
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)