Week In Review 5/9 - 5/13

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

KristinBeth

Week In Review 5/9 - 5/13

Post by KristinBeth » Sat May 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Hello ladies,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

KristinBeth

Re: Week In Review 5/9 - 5/13

Post by KristinBeth » Sat May 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Many of you may be winding down your school year, but we are still going strong and I wanted to share all the fun we're having with LHTH. We're on Unit 18 and learning about the prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah. Here are our highlights of the week:

http://www.broomandcrown.com/2011/05/re ... r-fun.html

Does anyone else have something to share?

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Sun May 15, 2011 2:12 pm

We had a great week! What a blessing HOD has been so far :D Here's our week in review with Unit 2 in BHFHG...

http://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordp ... hod-bhfhg/
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 pm

You both had great weeks!! Loved the scrolls your girls made KristenBeth. :D And, boo boo and lu lu seemed like they had a great week!! Don't you just love it when "life" corresponds perfectly with school!

I cannot wait to do beyond next year. Right now I am just reveling in my little girl still being little! :wink:
We had a busy week, which put our school time on the backburner a bit this week. My 3yob has been begging me every morning to do school with him! It is so sweet! We are on the last day of 'c' today. It amazes me how much he is getting everything! He and my daughter, who is in LHFHG, are competing about who gets to start a new rhyme first. They are looking forward to each week. She did a great job drawing her hand yesterday, after we examined it with a glass of water. I cant wait to begin to upload pictures so I can share better...

My PHFHG student is trucking along. He is learning about the Israelites and idolitry. We learned last week a lil about the other gods, although I had him skip some. I just dont think we need to dwell too much on that topic. But, being introduced does help to see what it was that drew them away from God. My son is always one step aheas in our discussions. Lol! Today we were talking about 1kings 22 and before I asked him to share a scripture or story from the bible, he already made that step and was talking about how ruth had made the decision to follow God and how that played out in history. He said that maybe Ahab could have repented and the land could have followed. He is my thinker and these discussions could last all day...if I let it. Lol!

We are really enjoying hod here in our home!!!!
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG