Week In Review 3/28 - 4/1

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

momtofive

Week In Review 3/28 - 4/1

Post by momtofive » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

momtofive

Re: Week In Review 3/28 - 4/1

Post by momtofive » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 pm

We had a short week this week! We'll be leaving Friday morning on our family vacation, and using Thursday as a day to prepare. So I guess I'll be the first to post this week! :wink: I hope that everyone is having a great week with HOD! :D

Beyond - Unit 24

We've had a great week learning about how our flag came to be. The kids have had a wonderful time hearing the history stories, science lessons and Bible study that all correlate so well to what we're learning. Our main focus for the week was on Betsy Ross and the creation of our first American flag!! Here are a few pictures showing our poetry activity and the picture they drew of the flag, and some pictures from our fun time of decorating crackers with frosting to look like the first flag! :D (Please excuse our "inaccurate" flags, we were experiencing "technical difficulties" with our bags the frosting was in! :roll: )
Image Image
Image Image

We also finished up Pagoo for our storytime read. They just LOVED this book, and have learned so much about sea creatures and tide pool life. They have fallen in love with little Pagoo and now want to read more of Holling C. Holling's books! :wink:

Preparing - Unit 24/Day 3 - Unit 25/Day 1

In Preparing Hearts we're learning more about how some of the religions of today began long ago. It brings much light into events of the current day, when you go back and see how things began and where they've gone since. I thought it was going to be a tough topic to cover, however, it opened up some wonderful conversation with my son about these religions and how God see's it. It was a wonderful lesson that turned out to be a great opportunity to explain some really beautiful truths to my son. Things I wouldn't have dreamed would have come out of this disscussion! :D Our conversation really blessed my heart, because it reassured me that my son really loves the Lord, and has given himself to Him wholly! Here's a picture of his history project:

This week's experiment for science illustrated how different fishes' mouths help them take in their food. He loved this one because he got to use his leatherman!
Image Image

And here's a picture of a science notebook page he made to illustrate the coral reef, and how a fish can use its camouflage to hide in the reef! Can you find the fish?

Have a blessed week! :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:09 am

Lisa,

Mmmm... your crackers with frosting look delicious. I think the details of the flags turned out pretty amazing! :D I loved seeing your son's illuminated letter and hearing about your discussion of early religions and God's view. What a blessing to discuss this with your son and see his faith standing strong! :D

What a good job your son did on his science lab sheet. It is wonderful to see young minds thinking and pondering, isn't it! :D Thanks so much for sharing. I loved the peek inside your week! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:58 am

Week 18 in LHTH AND BLHFHG

BLHFHG
Here is Nathan's copywork . :D I think he did very well.Cutting up the lines stops him getting lost and is easier for him .

Nathan -following a scent like a tracker dog.

Nathan's picture of a sparkler candle

The candle party re-enactment.It was quite a party we had.Nathan worked really hard to accomodate the reading ,math tests I required of him.

LHTH

Stanley making a scroll like Jeremiah.I read to him from my bible for this week and he listened really well and answered really well.Normally he is a fidget and we have to encourage him with answers.Maybe he is getting bigger :wink:
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Mandy

Post by Mandy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm a little late in posting, but here's our blog about our 2nd Unit in LHFHG!

http://lllath.blogspot.com/2011/04/lhfh ... nit-2.html

mandy

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

We had a wonderful but VERY busy week and I did not have time to take any photos. :( I did find myself praising God many times that HOD works with us when we have an extremely busy week and we don't have to worry about getting behind or missing out due to my lack of time for planning, etc. Hope you all have a wonderful week. We are having a much more calm and laid back week here now and I am excited to post again here on Friday. God bless you all!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.