3-13-07 Weekly HOD Check In

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

1shortmomof4

Post by 1shortmomof4 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:32 pm

We had a great week in Unit 10 in Beyond. My ds studied the ocean floor and its importance. Of course, little brother had to join in on the fun. It is amazing that something so easy to construct with minimal expense can make a lesson more understandable and easily understood!

Because the weather was so beautiful we spent some time outside today which was perfect for our lesson about David, patience and waiting on God's time. In the end, we all ended up playing Red Light/Green Light as a family which was really great.
Another great week and looking forward to next week already.
Heidi

momtofivelittleones

1st week of LHTH

Post by momtofivelittleones » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:37 am

Hello New Friends,
Despite the family being overrun with the flu, we had a great 1st week with LHTH. My ds knew the letter A and it's sound before we began but review is always great. He and his little brother LOVED all the great Bible Activities... using the scarf as a snake, and making all the different faces to talk about Cain's anger. He loved all the tactile ways to practice the letter "A", the cheerios and the ice cube, none of which his mother would have ever thought of on her own! It was fun to read about everyone's week. :)

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:51 am

This week, my girls enjoyed hearing about Robert Fulton's childhood. He was not very "good" at school-type learning, but his head was always full of new ideas :D They also liked learning Prov 19:21, with the focus that knowing God's plans for us win out our our own, therefore, we can be optimistic, and can live without worry and complaint. If I get a chance, I will post the girls' science pages-I really like their drawings of plants and funguses :)
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:25 am

We're flying through LHTH. My daughter even asked to do school on Saturday. She enjoyed painting her Red Sea. She insisted that the Red Sea be Red. So we have one painting with it being blue and one being red. She even painted in the people crossing on dry land. She's had a cold so we only did some of the HOD lessons instead of every activity this week.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

silly

Post by silly » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:09 am

My boys begged me to do school yesterday, too! We did the fingerplay and looked at the 'A' flashcard for review. I love the excitement.
Sasha; mama to
Erik (5) LHTH
Jacob (4) LHTH
Lucas (2)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jahayfamilyschool/

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Oooh Oooh, I just LOVE your updates! They are so EXCITING! Heidi, that picture of your two boys is PRICELESS! I could just scoop them up! :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Ladies,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share about your week with Heart of Dakota. I enjoyed the peek into each one of your homeschool days! Your children are so precious, and your love for Christ also comes shining through your posts! :D

I also wanted to let you know that this is such a good way for moms who are considering HOD to have a window into what homeschooling would be like with our programs. I know it helps them as they prayerfully consider whether HOD is for their families! And each one of you have been there before and know how hard it is to find what works for your family! So, I wanted to thank you for helping many, many moms just like you! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:30 am

Hi everyone! sorry I am late, but here is what has been happening with school http://escuelitaaparicio.blogspot.com/s ... %20service
I am glad to be back in the US but am also eager to go back to Latin America and help. Samuel loved it too.
Happy week!
Dorla

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 am

I love the videos on your blog! :lol:

silly

Post by silly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Oh wow, how fun it will be to continue to do school in spanish! I think it's great that he wants to continue speaking that language.
Sasha; mama to
Erik (5) LHTH
Jacob (4) LHTH
Lucas (2)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jahayfamilyschool/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Dorla,

We're glad to have you back too! We missed you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am

well, i've been MIA, having lots of crazy stress filled days :wink:

5 weeks till we move, so i'll probably be scarce here for a while...but i'll try and at LEAST scan the two main forums to keep up

yesterday we did St Pat's and had Shamrock shakes...it's all on my Headmistess blog :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office