Gentle as a dove and sly as Reddy Fox!

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

Tansy

Gentle as a dove and sly as Reddy Fox!

Post by Tansy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Ok My hubby is one of the most "safe" oriented men in the world.
He set for me a few web guide lines ages ago and I thought I'd trot them all out for Ya'll. For him it's all about privacy on the web keeping our DC safe and our identity from being stolen.

1. Never use your first, last, or middle name.
2. Never use your kids name. (you never know who is lurking).
3. Never post full face photos of your children, home ect.
4. Never post photos of your kids in a uniform, (little league, scouting ect)
5. Never let out more than a general location of where you live.

My hubby is in charge of Web Stuff at our ministry he sees a lot of stuff that has made him create these rules. now I have caught myself breaking these rules and I do try to edit my posts to conform to his guidelines.
This is a direct quote
"Once you publish something on the web 'once' it is available to the world."

Carrie I meant to post this in "weekly check in" could you move it... Pretty please I love the idea of check in but I want to be as gentle as a dove and sly as Reddy Fox!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Tansy,

I'll move it to the weekly check-in. It's a good reminder to us all to strive not to break most of the rules on the list!

We're thankful to Tom and his tips and realize he is much more internet savvy than the rest of us trusting souls. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie