Week In Review 3-12-09

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

moedertje

Re: Week In Review 3-12-09

Post by moedertje » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Oh Kathleen,

What fun and excitement to see what we have to look forward to next year with Bigger!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 am

Girls,

Those of you who are doing more than one core, I LOVE how you do separate posts. Kathleen, your week looked wonderful and I like how you planned out working ahead so you can be done by May!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Ok I am loving what I am seeing from last week. Sorry, I dont' have anything to post. I have found that I am happy when I get it in and ok when I don't.

Julie- LOVE the feast!! That looks like so much fun. I also liked the math review that Riley did with the cups. It makes math so much fun!

spiderman's mum- The archeological dig looked like so much fun! I can't wait until we get to that lesson. I am sure Emma will love it!

moedertje- homemade icecream is my favorite. I bet your son loved that ahnds on learning!!

pollo_la- Rhymes in motion are so much fun!!! Your kids looked like they ALL enjoyed it. :-) Glad your first week went well.

dustybug- Your little Gabby singing into a spatula from the Singing Bible was too cute! You are so amazing at all the "extras" you put in. WOW!

Kathleen- I also like how you separate the guides into different posts. Garrett and Allison are like the poster children for LHTH! They just make me smile whenever I see them. They look like they LOVE learning together...and so expressive. And Grant's napkin experiment was great! I remember on a mission trip when I was 16 we had to bathe in a river and I didn't learn that principle until I was 16 when we would duck under our laundry buckets and breathe while the river carried us down stream! How awesome he is learning it young!

Ok, I think I got everyone.... lol
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:07 am

Julie,

We did the feats this week also! (just didn't know about this section of the board until now.)

http://funwithhod.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... feast.html
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 am

eazbnsmom wrote:Julie,

We did the feats this week also! (just didn't know about this section of the board until now.)

http://funwithhod.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... feast.html
Loved your pictures, Kay! It looks like your family had a wonderful feast together!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie