project pictures!

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

gracelikerain

project pictures!

Post by gracelikerain » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:54 pm

these are from Preparing up to Unit 7
11dd -Moses
8dd Sphinx
8dd Sarcophagus unit 5
8dd pyramid
11dd pyramid
Queen Hatshepsut's cartouche 11dd is on the left. 8dd on the right
these were sooo yummy! Egyptian pastry
Last edited by gracelikerain on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

j_croche

Re: project pictures!

Post by j_croche » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:58 am

These look really neat. We just started preparing this week. I'm really excited about what we have to look forward to.
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks so much for sharing these! They all turned out terrific. You have some wonderful little artists at your house! :D I'll get my hubby on to figuring how to put folders within the folders on the updated HOD site. There were changes when we updated to a new version of the board software, so it will take a bit to get it figured out.

This weekend we've been busy taking pictures for the cover of the new ancient history guide. We need to get them to our graphic designer, so he can get started on it! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Georgette,
Your pictures are great!! Your kids should be so proud of their work! I'm excited that I'll get to do Preparing next year. I love all the "sneak peeks" that you Preparing gals are sharing. You've got me excited!

Jennifer - I saw your successful pictures on the week-in-review! Way to go!! :P
Carrie wrote:This weekend we've been busy taking pictures for the cover of the new ancient history guide. We need to get them to our graphic designer, so he can get started on it! 8)
I LOVE your book covers, Carrie!! I know the ladies have told you this on the board before, but they are so beautiful and inviting. :D Grant copied the picture off the cover of Bigger when he made his 1st bookmark for storytime (without your kids in it though), so I know he loves it, too. :wink: It actually took me a few days to realize it. I kept thinking, "Where have I seen those red flowers and rainbow before..." :roll: :lol:

I can't wait to hear what you title the book! I've tried to think up some names for you...ok I didn't try to hard. I gave it about 30 steps worth of thought while I was out running. But I didn't come up with anything I felt compelled to e-mail you, and I'm sure you already have a great name planned.

Awaiting your pictures, too!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Kathleen,

I'm so glad you like the covers. That is darling that Grant drew it on his bookmark! 8) We want our covers to be inviting as if you're being drawn inside the scene. :wink: Our graphic designer is a wonderful man that my hubby had been meeting with for over 10 years for a weekly morning Bible study. He had a career as a graphic designer until he was down-sized in a new company take-over. So, now he still gets his graphic design in by working with us! We are so blessed that God led us to him. We never could have done our covers without him! :D

We're still working out the title for our newest guide. I have the hardest time deciding too! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie