Week in Review 8.15.08

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

skillet04

Week in Review 8.15.08

Post by skillet04 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:25 pm

I didn't see one of these started.

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement! [/size]

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Swylv :cry:
Praying for another child since june 2002 -- you'd cry too, even DS cries to be a big brother.
DS 07/2001 -- BLHFHG for the 08-09 year
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom

skillet04

Re: Week in Review 8.15.08

Post by skillet04 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:27 pm

I'm not too chatty this week. We are getting into A Lion to Guard Us though and enjoyed the stair step exercise and the 7 question guess what's in the bag game.

for more http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom/575556/
Swylv :cry:
Praying for another child since june 2002 -- you'd cry too, even DS cries to be a big brother.
DS 07/2001 -- BLHFHG for the 08-09 year
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom

annaz

Post by annaz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 pm

We had a pretty good first week back to school! Grumpy on the 1st day, but it turned out to be okay.

We did have a funny. In Beyond Unit 10 the bible portion mentioned, "Will God always make sure good things happen to you?" So I asked my dd and I went on to explain that he can't always and I gave examples. We talked about dying for example from either car accident or some other reason, where would you be able to go if you were a good Christian and accepted Jesus as your savior? Answer:

ready?

"Macayo's" my dd says!!! Which is the Mexican restaurant we always go to after church. Left me in stitches!

Anyway, we still have more to finish on the week because we had other things going on this week too, but we loved Francis Billington almost blowing up the ship and himself!

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:31 pm

We had another great week in Beyond. Here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out. :D

Gina

http://beandipblog.blogspot.com/2008/08 ... ew_14.html
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

We are working on a light schedule and out of order. We moved The Wright Bros. and their Sister up to first and we started One Small Square: Seashore because we are going to OBX in a few weeks. I am so excited about bringing these texts alive! We will get ourselves evened out when we get home, I trust. And at the end of the year, we will just be "done" history, earlier. :D

Here we are playing a game from unit 29, I believe on air currents and lift.

Last edited by momof2n2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

Tana in FL

Post by Tana in FL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 pm

annaz wrote:
"Macayo's" my dd says!!! Which is the Mexican restaurant we always go to after church. Left me in stitches!
Oh, I love it! LOL! We can *so* relate here. Went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch today, as a matter of fact. :) Thanks for the giggle! It's precious. :)
Tana
DS 10: BHFHG w/ext, DITHOR, Horizons 4, CLE 4
DD 6: LHFHG, WP AW, Horizons 1, RME, CLE 1
http://allabouttana.blogspot.com/

tre-planted

Post by tre-planted » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi everyone,
We just finished our first week in BLHFHG. Since we used LHFHG last year, we were able to slip into a simular routine with BLHFHG with no problems. Yay! My DS started 1st grade this year and he is enjoying it. He loves the "spelling" words and writing them in his own notebook. The Emerging Readers, we started The Beginner's Bible and he feels like such a big boy, reading to mommy instead of mommy reading to him. I'm so thankful he loves to read, as that was not my love when I was his age. I believe that my son is teaching me as well as I am teaching him. It's wonderful. This coming week, we plan to start LHTH with my dd who just turned 3. She sits and asks to do school with us, so I figured I'd give this a go with her. She's excited. :D So, that's our week in review. Looking forward to next week, can't wait to see what's instore for us. :lol: Have a wonderful and blessed week! Tre :D

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:05 am

I LOVED All the reviews! My children are motivated to see your children's pictures! I laughed hysterically when I read Ann's post about her daughter! :lol: Gina, your blog pictures were perfect! You are such a wonderful homeschooler!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

slavila

Post by slavila » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:42 am

We had another good week last week! Here are some highlights from week 2.

http://theavilas.blogspot.com/2008/08/s ... eek-2.html
Sarah, Mom of 4.....
ds 6 -
ds 4
dd 2
dd 6 months

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:13 am

I love reading everyones week in review! Makes me miss school time...can't wait to get back into the swing of it next week (hopefully)! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm

What fun to read your weeks-in-review! It is helping me get excited to gear up for our school year. :D

Thanks so much for sharing! The Mexican restaurant gave me a laugh! :wink: Kiddos do come up with the most interesting things! It makes me wonder about the thought process that brought them to their conclusions!

The pictures of your kiddos always warms my heart! I loved the picture of Francis Billington in the "BOOM" too! My boys loved that when we did it.

Blessings,
Carrie

Jon-Owens-Mom

Post by Jon-Owens-Mom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Just started week two today and absolutely love it. My son loves, loves, loves the hands on activities in science and also loved making his own globe :) . Now my younger little guy is not all too much into the whole LHTH thing yet, if he wants to do something I encourage him. He is just a little over 3 so we still have time and can use LHTH again next year to work with him.
Here is a little review from last week

http://glutenfreeforowen.blogspot.com/2 ... -done.html
Melanie,
DS#1 10/02/2000 , BHFHG
DS#2 04/29/2005, LHTH
www.glutenfreeforowen.blogspot.com

tre-planted

Post by tre-planted » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, we updated our home school blog site with more of how our week went, along with the projects we did. You can check out our homeschool blog http://trainingtheheart.homeschooljournal.net/ to see them. :D Today, we started my dd on LHTH and she just loved it! Especially the poem about Adam and the animals. So cute! Love reading everyone's reviews and seeing the blogs. It's inspirational! Thanks! Have a wonderful week. Tre :D
Tre-Planted
?Deuteronomy 6:5-7 ?Love the Lord your God with all your Heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children.?

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:10 pm

I have been very sloppy with the HS over august.Ther has been too many temptations-Other children out playing,family visits and vactions.I need to get a routine going.Im hoping that I can get a routine flowing but we are just getting started with HS and HOD and its a big learning curve for us both.DS loves reddy fox and thats easy to incorporate .We just need to step it up a bit.This week we have been learning about Joseph in LHFHG.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:39 am

It's been a few weeks since I have checked in. I just now am getting my pics posted. We learned about many things!!! We love HOD!!! Check out our blog for more about our weeks.... www.picketfence03.blogspot.com

LeAnna :D :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!