Weekly Check-In 7/11

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

crlacey

Weekly Check-In 7/11

Post by crlacey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:40 am

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am

The highlight this week was learning about David and Goliath. Katie drew Goliath's face and we taped it up on the wall as close to 9 ft as we could get it. Katie was impressed when Daddy stood next to Goliath and Goliath was still so much taller. Both she and her brother loved throwing "stones" (foam balls) at Goliath trying to kill him. I love that Katie can get so much out of the lessons, but that her little brother can tag along and have some fun with us.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 pm

I can't find my camera. I'll post pics later. This week has been so much fun in LHTH. We are doing a review of A-D. She loved counting the pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters into the muffin tins. Today we painted with watered down glue and covered her letters in glitter.

For some reason the stories of Joseph we've been reading have really stuck with her more than any of the other stories so far. She talks about them a lot and requests to look through her Bible so she can find those pages. We can't say enough good things about LHTH!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:26 am

We are slowly warming back into things. This week I reviewed unit 2 of Little Hands Jacob had such FUN! He loves using this program. I also began using the scheduled singapore math lessons with my two middle boys and we had a ball!

For the complete Week In Review:

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/559960/

Crystal- Your David and Goliath sounds like so much FUN!

Jessi- I look forward to seeing your pictures!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:08 am

This is my first time posting about our week and we're on Unit 7! Goodness how time flies-it seems like we just started! :D

We really had a lot of fun this week with LHFHG. C really liked the rhyme this week-she liked to jump! We had to do it 3 or 4 times every day so she could jump. Nothing else really stands out be we had a really positive week. She has enjoyed learning to read but usually grumbles when it's time to work on reading, and we had little to none of that this week, so that was really an improvement!

I enjoyed reading about Goliath. I think we do that this week if I remember correctly. I'm really excited. C and D both will enjoy it.

It sounds like everyone has had a great week. I enjoy reading what everyone else does!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:11 pm

We did 3 days of unit 2 and one day of unit 3 (happens when you don't do a full week!) But we had fun!

I wrote more on here....
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/holyhart/
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 pm

We started Beyond and Little Hands this last week. Oh what fun. The boys are loving the challenges and Micah absolutely loves that he gets to do school now too.

We went to my parents cabin for a long weekend, so we did school at the cabin on Friday. Here are some pictures.

Here is Micah singing "A-A-Adam"

Bryce illustrating "The Storm" in his journal

Bryce reading Amelia Bedelia in the hammock.

and one of Matthew just being cute.

We also did our History reading out on the lake. That was fun as we were being blown about in the pontoon reading about the storm the pioneers traveled through.

Karen
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Karen I loved that you could bring school with you to the cabin! Great pictures too!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Karen,

I loved your pictures! I also noticed your Karen Kingsbury book. She is one of my favorite authors! :D

Kel, I LOVED your blog! For someone brand new you are doing a beautiful job!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 am

Thanks Mary! :D But I think I need to learn to be able to leave some pictures out....I tend to get carried away!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 am

holyhart wrote:Thanks Mary! :D But I think I need to learn to be able to leave some pictures out....I tend to get carried away!
KELLY! You can NEVER NEVER NEVER have too many pictures! :lol: :wink:

skillet04

Post by skillet04 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Swylv :cry:
Praying for another child since june 2002 -- you'd cry too, even DS cries to be a big brother.
DS 07/2001 -- BLHFHG for the 08-09 year
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Dear Skillet,

I LOVED your pictures!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

Ladies,

I'm late to this thread but had to comment.... What wonderful pictures and memories you all are sharing along your homeschool journey. :D I really enjoyed reading through your weeks and seeing your precious children as they enthusiastically do their "school". :D

Each of you are doing such a terrific job as homeschool teachers. It is a blessing to me to see your children embracing God's word and carrying their school day over into their free time. wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 pm

She is drawing stripes in her boxes like Joseph's coat.

She is crawling around the letter C. At first we tried the pillow scooting over the letters but our carpet kept grabbing the pillow and her bottom would slide off. :lol: So we tip-toed around A, walked backward around B, Crawled on C, and Spun on D.

She LOVED this activity. I cut out a "coat-like" shape from paper towel and she painted with water colors to represent Joseph's coat of many colors.

Here's the pictures from last week. No time like the present to add them. :wink: Oh and check out our school blog to read about what else we are doing... :-)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site