We had such a GREAT day!

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MamaMary

We had such a GREAT day!

Post by MamaMary » Mon May 12, 2008 8:43 pm

I couldn't wait for the weekly check in! I LOVE this program! We were reading about the Pilgrims arriving in Holland and as we studied dikes and windmills my children really got into it. I was so bummed that I couldn't find one piece of moist playdough to do the activity. ( :roll: it was all dry and crumbly) Thursday is grocery store day and I will get it then.

I love these CLP books! I mean without the HOD activity suggestions they would be boring, but they make such a nice couple. ( :wink: ) We open each day by asking the questions from the end of the chapter the day before and it really sets the stage for a wonderful read a loud/discussion time.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am

That's so wonderful to hear. It makes me so anxious to get started! I don't know if I can wait until fall or not!
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Tue May 13, 2008 9:36 am

Mary,

You could always make playdough...I'm sure there are some great recipes online!

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

play dough is easy to make

flour
salt
water :wink:

google it, you'll find lots

glad your day went well! we 're having a little trouble getting into the routine again :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Mary,

I'm so glad that you're loving your day! Today, my third grader was telling me that we only have 1 poem left before we finish "Bigger...."! Where does the time go? Looking back over his binder for this year, reminded me of all of the fun activities we've done and the great books we've read. But, I am biased! :lol:

Thanks for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue May 13, 2008 4:01 pm

That's so exciting to hear!! We are just weeks away from starting Beyond....I can hardly wait!! :D

(ps....I use clay for that very reason, it never dries out. I have soooo btdt! :lol: I truly am an Olive, but for some reason I fly by the seat of my pants often and have had to adapt my supplies accordingly. :roll: On Thursday..... get clay.)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue May 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Believe it or not I don't even have white flour? We mill our grain. I wonder if I could make it with the whole wheat grain :?:
Carrie wrote:Mary,

Looking back over his binder for this year, reminded me of all of the fun activities we've done and the great books we've read. But, I am biased! :lol:

:shock: YOU Biased? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Tue May 13, 2008 4:32 pm

i wouldn't waste my good milled flour to make playdoh! :lol: buy a small bag of the whoite stuff next time you are at the store just for that

and you need a whole container of salt :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Mary,

Thanks so much for sharing! :D :D I love to hear about what everyone is learning and doing. I have so much to look forward to as my kids keep growing and learning more. (I'm sure I will too. :wink: )

Keep up the good work!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue May 13, 2008 5:30 pm

hippiechyck wrote:
glad your day went well! we 're having a little trouble getting into the routine again :wink:
Boy, do I understand! We took five weeks off through March/April and the first week was the toughest. By next week you'll be in your groove again! :D

Mel, I didn't read your e-mail until after I went to the store today. Our convention is next weekend and I plan to stop at Millers and get some clay for sure! :wink: Thanks for the tip! :D

Jen in Va

Re: We had such a GREAT day!

Post by Jen in Va » Thu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm

MamaMary wrote: We open each day by asking the questions from the end of the chapter the day before and it really sets the stage for a wonderful read a loud/discussion time.
What a very cool idea! Thanks for the tip.
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)