5-1-08 Weekly HOD Check In!

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

momof4

Post by momof4 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Here is a link to what we've done the last week or so...
www.homeschoolblogger.com/pazzaacademy/526137

Melanie, I wish I had some doughnuts to join you. My dh just handed me a diet soda, though!!

Mary, I'm so happy for Seth!! That is awesome!!

Just reading everyone's updates and how much fun all your kids have WHILE learning is such an encouragement to me. I've had some comments lately that make we wonder if homeschooling is right for us and then I come here and yes, it is right. :D

Thanks, ladies!!! Have a great weekend!
Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Fri May 02, 2008 4:28 pm

We finished week 24 in Beyond this week.

InHisTiming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
First - you are preparing for next weeks SATS? OY! I haven't done a thing from my son's POV to prepare and it is TUESDAY! Thank YOU for the reminder that I (1) need to do that and (2) need to send out an EMAIL! :P

AND - we went to the zoo TODAY and the orangutans were so goofy. We almost didn't head over there and did at the last minute. They were so funny.

AND - we read the story of Marie and her doll a few weeks ago. My boys LOVED that story and the character's name [DD#1].

This week - finished week 24! We read about TABITHA in Boys and Girls of colonial days, [DD#2]. My boys want to know when we will read a story with their names in them. [Not at all likely. :P]

This week I really, really, really enjoyed sharing the Star-Spangled Banner with my son. I truly loved explaining the words, I loved explaining how to stand respectfull. I loved exploring the vocabulary. We didn't do poems each week, as our Language program had us doing other poetry and I am so glad that we have been enjoying the poetry the last few units. And by typing this it is reminding me that I wanted to look online and see if I could find video footage of anyone singing it. [We don't watch TV to see it on a ball game. :S]

And - MY FIRST PHOTOS ON THIS BOARD!

Okay - they are NOT beautiful, but they WERE delicious. Even the cat was curious. DS#1 - the one DOING Beyond didn't eat his. But the baby was happy to eat his. ;)

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri May 02, 2008 4:52 pm

momof2n2-

We are preparing for SAT's, by taking practice tests from the Test Prep books you can get at Barnes and Noble. The main reason is to give practice bubbling in the circles :wink: and for Hailey especially, so I could see how she does reading directions. I know a lot of the directions are read aloud, but I am a bit concerned; I think just because it was such a struggle, even though she reads much better now, it's a concern for Mom, KWIM? I think if she gets good scores this year, it will cease to be a concern for me to 'prepare' them. So, don't feel like you have to prepare your kids...if you weren't already planning to! :o :?

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I loved reading all of your posts! And, Melanie, I broke my one pop a day rule for this - 2 Diet Dr. Peppers, and all because I wanted to drink my favorite beverage doing my favorite thing... reading the weekly check-in posts here! This is what homeschooling is all about. When we're looking for some "ups", this check-in is a great place to come. Thanks so much everyone for sharing!

Julie :o
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat May 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Just have to chime in to say...., Diet Dr.Pepper is my favorite drink also! I drink one a day :?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/