Week In Review Aug.29,2011 to Sept.2,2011

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

moedertje

Re: Week In Review Aug.29,2011 to Sept.2,2011

Post by moedertje » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Little Hands to Heaven unit 4

We went on vacation this past week, but dd insisted on doing her letter D (her buddy did letter D the week before and he told her all about it) :wink: :wink: and wouldn't you know it, I had brought along her school work :wink: :wink:

D-D-Dusty Camel. This was such a fun "fingerplay", the kids went around saying it all the time.
We had to find 4 women, and cut them out to put on our #4 page. Dd also likes to practice writing her number and she insisted on doing it without tracing. She does a very good job and even made her own dots :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Dd was very shocked that Jacob would tell a lie to get blessed and kept talking about it with her eyes wide open. We did a cute activity tracing her 9 letter name, poor kid :oops: and hiding it. She practiced making D's all over her paper and than painted them. I have to say, that I am so much more relaxed in having the kids art be their own after a few years homeschooling :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Lots of jumping this week after making the letter D, she jumped over it several times and of course brothers joined in on the action.
ImageImage
For the math activity we made a line to jump and put marks on the line and discuss the terms, farther, closest etc. This too got the boys and even Daddy's attention.
She was so excited to decorate her letter D, she put Dolphin stickers on and was very specific about the direction they were traveling.
ImageImage
What fun we had doing LHTH while on vacation, between our trips to the pool :D :D 8)

For brothers I only brought TRL for ds 6 who was thrilled to do his reading with Daddy and his reader with his older brother. For ds8 I brought his cursive, so he could finish lower case to start the coming week on his upper case letters.
ImageImageImage
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 pm

It's so great to read all of these weeks in review! It's encouraging, and inspiring. It seems like all the kids are doing great and I had a chuckle or two at the creativity shown by some of the kids. I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who come up with off-the-wall stuff!

moedertje - I know once I start LHTH with my youngest I will have a hard time not having her older sisters involved with it too! I guess on a regular school day they will have work of their own to do that might keep them from joining right in, but I think so much of it will still appeal to them they'll be upset to be left out!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Melissa,
At home, they only get to join in when I need more than one person and I often have my older one daze with longing eyes to the activities from both LHTH and LHFHG. I allow him to sit in on the story time from the TB books for LHFHG, since I read that at snack time and he loves it. :lol: :lol: It's so cute how he remembers so many of the activities and even the "Fingerplays" and "Rhyme in Motions".
HOD has truly been a tremendous blessing to my family, don't know how I would have survived homeschooling. God knew I needed this. :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.